Start Locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start Locations

With the new patch is there any way to place or even influence start locations? I made a map and I wanted to start in a specific spot. I only had 8 starting locations, yet I had to sit there for 30 min restarting to get where I wanted to. It would only cycle through 2-3 of the starting locations. Then I edited the map again, and it would cycle through a different 2-3 starting locations. What gives! It doesn't seem to be random, or cycling, but rather designed for max anoyance.

No one care to reply?

Comment

Not with the editor at least. (You can use CPT.)

Did you have the linked starting positions on?
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

CPT? I tried with it on, with it off. With all random civs, or with specific civs. Then I tried cobo's of dif civs. Tried about every combo posible. Sat there for half an hour trying to just start in one of 8 spots. No luck!!

Comment

This is something that we've all been clamouring for ever since the game first came out (that and a mini-map in the editor). After 3 patches (with a 4th on the horizon) and still no sign of it!
          Up the Irons!
          Rogue CivIII FAQ!
          Odysseus and the March of Time
          I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

CPT = Civ Placement Tool.

It's a little program Gramphos? developed in order to place civs on a map from a saved game.

Comment

It'd be more convenient if start locations could be set in the start-up screen.
              Up the Irons!
              Rogue CivIII FAQ!
              Odysseus and the March of Time
              I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Working...
              X