supporting military units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• supporting military units

can someone elaborate on how military units are supported? say i'm using a form of government where i can support 4 units per town. does that mean that a specific town can build 4 military units before i have to start paying support costs, or does the game simply add up the total number of units i have and subtract the total number of units i'm allowed to have in ALL towns, cities and metropolises to get my total military support cost? in other words, does it matter which town i build units in? (my guess is that the game calculates the totals, but i want to be sure). thanks!

p.s. good to be back - i used to post on the SMAX forums a long time ago before my computer went kablooey.
    drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

The support costs are spread globally. Thus, if your gov't allows 4 units per town and you have 8 towns, you can support 32 units without cost from the bank.

Unlike SMAC, where units would suddenly disband if you weren't careful and that particular base couldn't support one of "its" units.

Comment

The military advisor screen (F3) displays total units, 'free' units and unit support costs.
      "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

thanks, that's what i thought. and yeah, the reason i was asking is because it WAS different in SMAX. i still have to get used to the changes (only been playing civ3 for 2 weeks or so).
        drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

Comment

Working...
        X