Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody actually added a new unit to 1.21 yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody actually added a new unit to 1.21 yet?

I havent been able to properly add a unit with either the hacked editor (it wont let me designate the unit as an attacker or defender) or with Gramphos copy tool v0.91 (after adding the copying a unit I cant enter the bic and change the stats). My mod from 1.17 with a bunch of new units, techs, etc seems to be fine (in the editor).

I wondering if I'm missing something obvious with the 1.21 changes or if nobody else has tried yet.
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

With the hacked editor, just tick the option of "Load". The you should be able to chose "Attack" or "Defend".

For me that works just fine...

Comment

Thanks, I'll try that.
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

The attack/defend flags dont activate until you give the unit attack and defense values!

Comment

There's new versions of both the MultiTool and the hacked editor available. I just downloaded them from Civ Fanatics if they aren't around here yet.

PS Yes, they're both in the Files area.

Comment

I've got the hacked editor and copytool v0.91. I had probs with that version of the copytool and 1.21.

Comment

Try the v0.92 copytool
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                Try the v0.92 copytool
                Thanks Gramphos it works great

Comment

I had CRASHING problems with the famous LWC mod that had new (hacked) units.

I also simply renamed existing useless units in Civ 3 (1.21), such as helicopters, and it also crashed.

So I am loathe to try this. Unless anyone has answers as to why this happens?

Comment

Originally posted by Coracle
                    I had CRASHING problems with the famous LWC mod that had new (hacked) units.

I also simply renamed existing useless units in Civ 3 (1.21), such as helicopters, and it also crashed.

So I am loathe to try this. Unless anyone has answers as to why this happens?
                    Did you change the name of the folder in Art/Units, as well as the .ini file that's inside?

Comment

I use Gramphos' Civ 3 Multi Tool exclusively to copy (add) Units, Resources etc. and it works very well for me.

(Using V0.92 against Bic Vers 1.21f).

Have successfully added (and played) new units with the new Patch.

P.S. Thanks again Gramphos.

Comment

Working...
                      X