Withdraw problems??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Withdraw problems??

Hi, im new to civ3, (previously from ctp2/civ2ToT) and im in my 1st game (apart from the tutorial) and several times now, that i've asked a civ to withdraw their troops, they agree, and they're still exploring my land after i told them to leave.

I have got the recent patch (121f) even-tho i havent quite looked through the whole of the fixes of it.

I was just wondering if this was some sort of bug or am I missin' something

The game HAS lived up to my expectations so far (i've had the game now for...10hrs)

The one thing i didn't know, as i haven't been on the civ3 forums is the oh-so aggrivating thing (like the previous civ-games)wher you've got about 200 workers all over your goddam terrotry building roads, mines,irrigations etc... I didn't realise the PW feature on ctp2 was so good!

Anyway just wanted to know about the withdraw thing.

In fact the first request is considered as a 'polite request'. Sometimes the AI goes away, often not. If you ask it again a few turns later, the request should be something like 'Withdraw or prepare for war'. If you are in good relations with the AI, it will accept and its units will be removed automatically; else... have good military units.
    Of course, it works the same way for you when your units are within the AI's territory.
    Nym
    "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

basically, having a strong military is the key to civ3. If you have a strong miliatry and show that you're prepared to use it, the AI will not mess with you. If they think you're a wimp, they'll march all over your territory, demand techs and resources from you and just generally bully you.

As far as the workers go, if it's the time taken to show all the worker actions that's bothering you (it takes about 10-15 minutes on my system with the number of workers you're talking about), then you can turn off "Show our automatic moves" in Preferences.
      Up the Irons!
      Rogue CivIII FAQ!
      Odysseus and the March of Time
      I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

If they think you're a wimp, they'll march all over your territory, demand techs and resources from you and just generally bully you.

erm...well it is my first game on civ3, and im not that wimpy...Anyway sure aint on ctp2

(still..civ3 rules!!)

Cheers for replying anyway

Comment

Working...
        X