civ3mod.bic file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civ3mod.bic file

Under patch 1.16-1.17 you could change the values under the civ3mod.bic file or say Marlas Map file .You could change inprovements and wonders ,unit values,place flags on inprovements etc. This couldbe done prior to saving games. Under the patch 1.21f can you still prior to starting a game change the values in the .bic files or map files?(Not through the editor)

Nope, the rules are save in each game now. Nothing to do about it.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
      Gramphos are you saying that we cant mod the bic file and then play all our games with these changes.

I've been trying to add a unit with either the hacked editor or your copy tool and in both cases I get strange results.

With the hacked editor I cant define the unit as attacker/defender etc. With the copy tool, when I go back to the editor to set the unit values after copying I cant see any units at all.
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH

Gramphos are you saying that we cant mod the bic file and then play all our games with these changes.

I've been trying to add a unit with either the hacked editor or your copy tool and in both cases I get strange results.

With the hacked editor I cant define the unit as attacker/defender etc. With the copy tool, when I go back to the editor to set the unit values after copying I cant see any units at all.
        There is soemthing strange with mulitiplie AI strats, I'll try to figure out how to deal with it.

And what I say is that you can't change civ3mod.bic and think that all your saves will be affected.

Comment

Gramphos,

I thought this problem might be related to trying to change a bic that was "in use", but its not. I tried with a duplicate renamed bic file and got the same result. Do you think there is some conflict between the hacked editor and your copy tool?
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I'm not sure, try not to copy any units with multiply AI-starts, and move added units to be right after Privateer (This is a workaround that might work until I can update the CopyTool to work with multiplie AI-starts.)

Comment

bic file

Can you change the civ3mod.bic file BEFORE you start a NEW game. Not touching any saved games. In other words I took Marlas Map and made a number of changes under patch 1.16 played the game with the changes. I now have no games running.If I install patch 1.21f and start a NEW game will the changes I made before still be there in Marlas Map,the Civ3.bic file.I heard that the actual starting positions on Marlas Map are no longer there?

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                This is bad. Why is it that Firaxis insists on taking away more and more functionality with every patch? It's like 1 step forward, and 2 steps back.

Is there any way to modify the rules in a saved game?

Comment

Originally posted by woody
                  This is bad. Why is it that Firaxis insists on taking away more and more functionality with every patch? It's like 1 step forward, and 2 steps back.

Is there any way to modify the rules in a saved game?
                  There are no utilities for it if that's what you mean.

Comment

Wouldn;t you be able to do this if you save the .SAV as a .BIC file using C3MT 0.92?

Althought the export save game to .BIC file function doesn;t seem to work for me.
                    ------------------------------------
                    Cheers
                    Exeter.
                    -------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                    X