1.21f Video mode question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.21f Video mode question

Is it just me, or does 1.21f not handle KeepRes=1 and Video Mode=XXXX quite the same way older versions did?

It really feels like its dropping me to a lower res than my normal 1280x1024. But maybe its just me.

Well, I have Windows 2000 and I have to add those lines to my Civilization3.ini file just to load the game properly without the screen blacking out. However, I thought that civ3 only supported a 1024x768 screen res.?
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

I have a desktop resolution of 1280x960 and use CivIII with the KeepRes=1 line and it works without problems.

Maybe Civ only supports 4:3 ratios (i.e. 1024x786, 1280x960, ..., 1600x1200) and therefore it changed your res.

But that is pure speculation.

Comment

*Shrug* 1280x1024 is what I've been using the entire time, with KeepRes=1.

Maybe it just looks different cause the larger maps are a little smaller now.

Comment

KeepRes=1 works the same as it always did, but the Video Mode=XXXX setting doesn't seem to do anything anymore.

It's pretty annoying, because I keep my desktop in 1600x1200, but like to play Civ3 in 1152 or 1280 resolution.
          To secure peace is to prepare for war.

Comment

Working...
          X