Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A second thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RonO

Does this mean if I move a city it's base culture will also move? Also, are there plans to allow the editing of terrain improvements? For example, if I move a city, it's previous location has the small 'x' for roads (or railroads). I'd like to edit those out for that terrain square.

Thanks for the great tool. Keep up the good work.
    No, the culture on the map is still not calculated. you will then have to wait a turn. Also city movement is still in development, but I've not found so mush more on that issue latly.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Fish
      2nd, how did you make this, I am a programer and my team is looking to make a game like this and somthing like this would be a great addition.
      When doing an editor for a game made by oneself there is one major difference from doing one for a game which you haven't seen and code for: You will know the filestructures, I didn't (and still doesn't know everything)

That means that the technical way I've been developing this is very uneffisient for making an editor when you know the fileformats. Because then you can jkust load the files and allow edit of any field you want. Most of the work with my tool is actually to find new fields to present, and make it possible to get a certain value in the structure, change it and put it back on the correct place without corrupting the entire format.

So if you really want to know anything about the development that you think can be useful when you know the full fileformat. (The only part of the tool that I've developt with knowledge of the fileformat from start of it is the UnitCreationWizard)

Comment

• Oh, and BTW RonO the featur I spoke about is that if you have recaptured a city it will have more culture then your improvmants culture. In earlier versions (up to 0.97) the culture value of a city was summed of the improvments, so the culture not belonging to an improvment would be lost. Now it sees that you have changed the improvment culture +50 then it will add 50 to the total culture, or if you dropped the culture with 10 it will substract 10 from the total culture of the city.

also the totalculture of the city is now the correct value (I made a misstake gathering data for cities when adding the city editor a long time ago, and now I've fond out that it only works with the culture of Civ1 (Player) which also has changed)

Comment

• And another C3MT thread passes the 500 post limit.

New thread

Comment

• Per suggestion I now announce that the version 0.99 is released in the new thread.
            (This is for people who have subscribed to this thread, but no to the new one (If you are one of them I just tell you this will be the very last post in this thread.))

Comment

Working...
            X