Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A second thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gramphos
    Nah, it was that you usded the default rules. with the exported rules you couldn't select any opponents (at least I couldn't)
    Ah so! I could have sworn that option was available. Did you look at the files I uploaded?
    'Meddle not in the affairs of dragons
    For thou art crunchy
    And go well with ketchup.'

Comment

• Yes it was the ones I looked at.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Well - as the cat said who ate the cheese: 'I await the mouse (read updated CMT) with baited breath'.

'Meddle not in the affairs of dragons
        For thou art crunchy
        And go well with ketchup.'

Comment

• Well, you might have to wait some more. I'm tryibng to sort out a few things and maybe add add PTW functionallity to it.

Comment

• Gramphos,

Be forewarned, since I don't know if you are currently working on a C3MT for PTW. I used your Unit Reorganizer on a modified .bix file and noticed that if you change the order of the units, the King units assigned to each civilization do not update to the correct kings. Just a heads-up, for when you update the Civ3 Copy Tool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unconquered
              Gramphos,

Be forewarned, since I don't know if you are currently working on a C3MT for PTW. I used your Unit Reorganizer on a modified .bix file and noticed that if you change the order of the units, the King units assigned to each civilization do not update to the correct kings. Just a heads-up, for when you update the Civ3 Copy Tool.
              Thanks. I'll add one line of code to fix that (IIRC I have a function to do so for any reference to the units, but must heve missed the kings)

Comment

• Well, it turned out to be three lines as I need a for to check it for each civ, and then I added five lines to check the additional start units player data parts as well.

Comment

• A couple of points on the Unit Creation Wizard (v0.97)

1. I successfully added several WWII and Japanese units to the PTW Civ3X.bix using the UCW. However, I have subsequently gotten the error "Unknown scenario version", followed by the "Runtime error '9': Subscript out of range" error. Not quite sure why it worked at first, and then didn't. I didn't restart the computer, either. Wierd.

2. For when you get round to enabling the Multi-Tool locate the correct text files, it's be handy if it automatically wrote the #ANIMNAME_PRTO_unitname entries.
                  Up the Irons!
                  Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                  Odysseus and the March of Time
                  I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

• @1 I have no idea. Do you know if the .bix version changed with 1.14f?

@2 I've already planned that. It's just a matter of time.

Comment

• About #1, it actually happens sporadically. Most of the time the UCW will recognise a bix as a valid scenario file, but occasionally it won't.

Another point: the UCW doesn't seem to save the sentry command: I'll tick the box in the UCW but when I go into the Civ3XEdit the box is unticked.
                      Up the Irons!
                      Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                      Odysseus and the March of Time
                      I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

• I downloaded and installed v 0.97. When I run C3MT, the program comes up, letting me select Copy Tool, Save Game Editor, etc. When I click on one, an error comes up that says:

Run-time error '9':

Subscript out of range

then the program shuts off. I have the vb stuff so I don't know what I need to do.
                        pimp of da midwest

Comment

• Originally posted by zulu9812
                          Another point: the UCW doesn't seem to save the sentry command: I'll tick the box in the UCW but when I go into the Civ3XEdit the box is unticked.
                          I'll check on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by littlebro5246
                            I downloaded and installed v 0.97. When I run C3MT, the program comes up, letting me select Copy Tool, Save Game Editor, etc. When I click on one, an error comes up that says:

Run-time error '9':

Subscript out of range

then the program shuts off. I have the vb stuff so I don't know what I need to do.
                            The program doesn't support PTW saves yet. I still have to figurte out a few things. Might actually be able to start with it big time next weekend... But no promisse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos

The program doesn't support PTW saves yet. I still have to figurte out a few things. Might actually be able to start with it big time next weekend... But no promisse.
                              i dont have ptw i just have 1.29f civ3
                              pimp of da midwest

Comment

• Then it's a strange error. I know of one similar error to PTW related to cities in the saves, which will be corrected in the next release, migt be something related to that that shows up for 1.29f. Con you please sendme one savegaame of which you get this error to gramphos@apolyton.net and I'll take a closer look at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X