Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A second thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CIV3MT Tool For PTW?

Originally posted by reub77
    Where do I go to get a CIV3MT Tool for PTW? I get an error when I go to change a saved game.

Run-time error '9'
    Subscript Out of Range
    Gramphos's comments on version 0.97 (see page 1 this thread), the latest upload, in red letters, says that it does not work with PTW saves (see page 1). Do you have a version that Gramphos has not uploaded yet?
    Last edited by sumthinelse; November 19, 2002, 12:53.

Comment

• Civ3 multitool

Originally posted by Gramphos
      Forgot to tell that it is up to 0.97
      Will this work on regular Civ3 saves?
      KATN

Comment

• Re: CIV3MT Tool For PTW?

Originally posted by reub77
        Where do I go to get a CIV3MT Tool for PTW? I get an error when I go to change a saved game.

Run-time error '9'
        Subscript Out of Range
        I don't have access to any PTW saves right now, so 0.97 just loads .BIX files (as I could get info about them from the patch file without having PTW yet).
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Re: Civ3 multitool

Originally posted by lorddread

Will this work on regular Civ3 saves?
          Yes, but there are no changes in the way it handles them. But if you use the Civilopedia editor you might want the new version any way.

Comment

• Viktor, what kind of a PTW save do you you want? Single player? Hotseat? Play by email?

Comment

• This zip file has 2 small PTW single player saves. I think they are the same except one is normal (tiny.sav) and the other (tiny2.sav) is in DEBUG mode.
              Attached Files

Comment

• I could use a Hotseat and PBEM save as well.

Comment

• Are the saves from the patch or prior the patch?

Comment

• i'd recommend you begin immediatly with the 1.04f patched version and ignore the original one... it's so buggy it didn't work anyway
                    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Good, because I only support patched BIX-files

Comment

• Can anyone with PTW get me a regexport from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Infogrames Interactive?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
                          Can anyone with PTW get me a regexport from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Infogrames Interactive?
                          Interesting -- ALL my registries in that pathway (...\Infogrames Interactive\ ...) default to "default / value not set" except for:

...\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III:

Install_Path=C:\Program Files\Inforgrames Interactive\Civilization III

Uninstall_Path=C:\Pogram Files\Install SHield Installation Information \ {0AD84416-63A4-4CF3-BDDF-8FA866711FB0}\Setup.exe

CD_Path=E:

Min_Install=00,00,00,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Infogrames Interactive\CivilizationIII\1.0f]

HOWEVER, the ...\Infogrames\Civ3PTW values are:

[DEFAULT / VALUE NOT SET]

Install_Path=C:\Program Files\Inforgrames Interactive\Civilization III\Civ3PTW

Uninstall_Path=C:\Pogram Files\Install SHield Installation Information \ {E8650CD-CCB2-496E-816C-ECC54A7EE411}\Setup.exe

I've installed EVERY patch! ... WTF?

Confused, yet hoping this is helpful,

Oz
                          ... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...

Comment

• Yes, it's helpful I needed to know where to fine the PTW path.

Comment

• And for a status update I've figured that I have to work a little more with 1.29f to track down some bad bugs with save reading and writing before I can focus on the PTW saves.

After working with the saves for about a year now I find that each civ has a counter of units for that civ which my program hasn't updated before (and the game never recalculates), but I hope to get that fixed for the next version.

Comment

• - i also noticed, that with the SGE in 1.29f, if you change the unit type (e.g. warrior to archer) the F3-screen doesn't recognize those units.
                                but i don't know if it works if you actually built one of those before (which would mean there's some kind of flag)

- further, iirc "currently researching" cannot be switched (the AI still continues the one it had chosen before)
                                and speaking about research: isn't there a counter, how many "beakers" have been researched (so you can say: next move, iron working is finished)?
                                - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                                - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Working...
                                X