Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A second thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BIC file version in PTW has been updated to 11.17 so i guess changes will have to be made to C3MT for it to work with PTW.

We'll just have to wait untill Gramphos has PTW, I guess; something that should happen in late november

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• Originally posted by Asmodean
      The BIC file version in PTW has been updated to 11.17 so i guess changes will have to be made to C3MT for it to work with PTW.

We'll just have to wait untill Gramphos has PTW, I guess; something that should happen in late november

Asmodean
      or if he has a good friend in the states

btw: we can buy the US-version in switzerland. i'm sure other countries have something like that too...
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asmodean
        The BIC file version in PTW has been updated to 11.17 so i guess changes will have to be made to C3MT for it to work with PTW.

Asmodean
        I might be able to get the CopyTool work this weekend. But that would just be a test version, and would require BIX 11.18 (the patch)

However, as I only can program in weekends right now (military service if you haven't noticed yet) so will it probably take some time to get everything working. However i do believe that the Unitorganiozer will work tomorrol, and I might complie a beta version.

Then it's time to update the UCW, and maybe take a look at what can be done with the Civilopedia editor. Also keeping the version supporting the original games takes some effort as the version saved by the UCW must be selectabe (BIC/BICX).

Also theere are a lot of data that will stay unknown till I get the game and can test out morwe things and look into the saves. However the chance that the data will not need to chnage is big enough to just keep it as is.

I might add some optional infogathering code to the program to be able to figure out what some fields mean. It could help the development...
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Having some troubles with getting it ready enough to complie before I have to go back. You will probably have to wait another week.

Comment

• Foer a status update I can inform you that the UCW now can see difference between PTW files and Original Civ3 files.

Comment

• Note that there might be many bugs in it, but I'll be ablte to fix any minor (easy fixed) bugs tomorrow if I get reports.

Comment

• Forgot to tell that it is up to 0.97

Comment

• Oh, and I could use a few PTW saves for further development...

Comment

• One download and counting...

So, how is it working?
                    Do you have PTW?
                    How did you notice about the new version?

Comment

• I am deciphering how to add units to the PTW .bix file - I want to modify the default PTW with my own Civ and unit add ons and changes, but the tool will only let me open either the civ3mod.bic of Civ3 or it seems only modify a scenario - am I missing something?

First time using the tool, did my previous add ons by hand...

Venger

Comment

• The Wizard Is not yet fuly working with PTW. For the reason that I don't have PTW yet.

Comment

• Save Game Editor

I have been using .95 of the SGE and have a problem. Everytime I edit a map, and then attempt to play the map, the game cuts out after 1 turn. I downoaded .96 and the same thing happens. I have the latest version of the patch for the game.

Has anyone else seen this?

Also, I downloaded someone's game to test it. (They couldn't build certain wonders) and now, resources such as iron, coal and oil are almost not existant. Can the rules from this player's game, effect my game?

If not, what should the occurance ratio be set to, to have abundant iron and coal, but not uranium?

Thanks ahead of time.
                          KATN

Comment

• The rules form a save should never effect anything but the save.

About that chrash thing I know it might be some problems with 1.21f which I never have had time to test my tool with as mush as _I did before because I have less time to play, and therefor alos less time to test things.

Comment

• CIV3MT Tool For PTW?

Where do I go to get a CIV3MT Tool for PTW? I get an error when I go to change a saved game.

Run-time error '9'
                              Subscript Out of Range

Comment

• Your VB runtime files aren't loaded or registered properly...download the full install again and it should load them...

Venger

Comment

Working...
                                X