Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A second thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: a little wish for savegame editor...

Originally posted by Copper
    how about making a little larger window (like the one where u chose attributes of unit in civ3edit) for unit list? So u can chose many units at a time... cuz when u play on a huge map, it turns veeeeeeeery slow because of a huge ammount of units so that's be nice to have a way to delete some of them, sometimes
    Well, the unit list is not designed for multiple selections. however I have a solution on deleting many units for the upcoming version.

I finally got the time to finish the Batch edit function.

It allows you to edit (or delete) all units selected by a filter at once.
    Attached Files
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Ummmm?

Gramphos,

This is probably a really dumb question, but how do you add units using the SGE? Everytime I try, when the game starts up and it becomes the new unit's turn, the map goes black until I delete the new unit.

Obviously I am doing something wrong.
      KATN

Comment

• Do you specify the coordinates on a terrain the unit can be on?

What you describes seems as if you place the unit in the unexploed area, and on a water (if it's a land unit) tile.

Comment

• Who turned off the lights?

Gramphos,

I thought I was placing them in cities, but maybe I'm not.

Will try it again.

On a different topic......Is there anyway to have a race in the game that is mot played? I would like to create a mod, that has neutral soldiers guarding all the other races boarders. This would be a game where you could only expand so far.

Also is there anyway to remove technologies for a mod without editing the master bic file?
          KATN

Comment

• Verify by selecting the unit aftyer you have added it that it got the correct position.

Comment

• Re: Who turned off the lights?

Originally posted by lorddread
              On a different topic......Is there anyway to have a race in the game that is mot played? I would like to create a mod, that has neutral soldiers guarding all the other races boarders. This would be a game where you could only expand so far.
              You mean they just should stand there?
              And wouldn't they be killable?

Also is there anyway to remove technologies for a mod without editing the master bic file?

With 1.29f it is just to delete them.

Comment

• Tin Soldiers?

You mean they just should stand there?
                And wouldn't they be killable?
                They would keep all civ's within their boarders.

I hadn't thought about that. No, just make them very advanced at the beginning. They ultimately could be defeated but not until late in the game.
                KATN

Comment

• I got it

Allo.
                  Well, I got it. The error I got, now is fixed. I didn't know that all I had to do was play I few more turns and save again...

But, I want you to see what it looked like anyways.

See ya.
                  Attached Files
                  Eu nunca tenho algo criativo para escrever aqui...

See this? You've just wasted 5 precious seconds of your life reading it.

Comment

• Re: Tin Soldiers?

Originally posted by lorddread

They would keep all civ's within their boarders.

I hadn't thought about that. No, just make them very advanced at the beginning. They ultimately could be defeated but not until late in the game.
                    Would it work by creating a immobile land unit only availiable for that civ, and place it on the tiles?

Comment

• Take a chance and try your icon creation capabilities:
                      Your icon might end up in C3MT.

C3MT Icon Creation contest

Comment

• Oh, and while you are creating your icon you can try out the new version.

Comment

• Oh, and you might need to use the full install this time. Even if earlier versions worked well.

Comment

• Hi Gramphos.
                            Where is the new version?
                            Eu nunca tenho algo criativo para escrever aqui...

See this? You've just wasted 5 precious seconds of your life reading it.

Comment

• Gramphos: could you tell us how does the "Autocheck for new versions" work?

SkalTur: it's in the first post of this thread
                              Don't pack with zips, use Compressia or WinUHA!!!

"F***'em and their law!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mendax
                                Gramphos: could you tell us how does the "Autocheck for new versions" work?

SkalTur: it's in the first post of this thread
                                Well, it will hopefully work. I'm a little afraid that it will try to connect modem users to the Internet, but I've added a lot of code to try to find out if there is a connection.

Then it simply checks a file for the most recent version number and compares it with the current. I didn't have time to make the new version availiable popup to the popupstrings, so they would have to stay in english for this version.

If you want I can complie 0.96 with a lower version number, and email it to you to test it out. It shall then tell you that version 0.96 is ready for download. And if you slect to go and get it it will take you to the first post in this thread.

Later I might actually add a way to check what's new before you go to the page. (And an option to disable the check as well.) But as it was added in a hurry (I wanted to get it out before sunday to get my unit creation contest campaing going )

Comment

Working...
                                X