Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A second thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trip
    Hmmmm. I don't think I like this version.
    When I used the save editor on it, and tried to run it, Civ 3 froze with 2%. I tried to ctrl-atl-del, and nothing happened. Pressed reset, and the screen turned black.... and nothing happened. I TURNED IT OFF, then pressed the on button again... nothing happened. After pressing restart a few times more, I could finally boot up into windows. However, I don't think I'll risk running the thing again, sorry.
    Do you have that save left? What function did you use?
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• I went ahead and created a patcher program that can handle pediaicons.txt updates. It can't handle the civilopedia yet because that seems to require parsing it so you put new entries in the right sections and I didnt have that much time on my hands tonight

I did include the source though in case someone else knows C and wants to finish the program up so its enough to distribute scenarios with graphics changes.

EDIT: I went ahead and updated it when I realized the civilopedia.txt file only has 2 sections and all new entries go in the 2nd one before the #EOF. Version 2 handles both files properly. Still found in the same thread.

Its in a thread in creation forum if your interested:
      Last edited by wervdon; July 20, 2002, 08:32.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
        Do you have that save left? What function did you use?
        Nah, I saved over it (), but I'll oblige to make you a copy.

All I did was load up a game into the save-game-editor, and reveal the map, saved, then ran Civ 3 again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip
          All I did was load up a game into the save-game-editor, and reveal the map, saved, then ran Civ 3 again.
          I've had no problems with this same sequence.

Comment

• Well, the problem described occured to me some times when updating it, but I thought I got rid of it. It had something to do with the rules data c urrupting in the save then.

Comment

• I know I need to run more maintainance on my computer, but completely lobotomizing it twice in a row doing the same thing is out if it's reach.

Comment

• Well, I don't have mush more time before next saturday, so I maybe won't finish a fixed version

Comment

• Don't have time to write anything long...

v0.94.1
                  - Adds an option to reselect language if the file selected fails to load.
                  - Corrects the UCW to load compressed BICs.
                  Attached Files

Comment

v0.94.1
                    - Adds an option to reselect language if the file selected fails to load.
                    - Corrects the UCW to load compressed BICs.
                    Downloaded and working (including a compressed BIC). Gramphos, did you mean to not put a link to .94.1 on page one of the forum?

Comment

• Originally posted by RedBird

Downloaded and working (including a compressed BIC). Gramphos, did you mean to not put a link to .94.1 on page one of the forum?
                      I did mean to be able to catch a bus to a ferry and in the same time have time to make ths version. And I'll tell you it was close I didn't have time to post it at all.

Comment

I did mean to be able to catch a bus to a ferry and in the same time have time to make ths version.

Ah, but can you juggle a bus and a ferry and a new version.

Thanks for your utility. I'm sure many people have thanked you already, but I'm pretty new to Apolyton, and I haven't thanked you before, so thanks. It's really a wonderful utility to have.

Comment

• Agreed - the abilitry to choose where in the unit list to put the new unit in is invaluable. Thank you, Gramphos.
                          Up the Irons!
                          Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                          Odysseus and the March of Time
                          I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

• Is there anyway to get the output to also give strategic, luxury, and bonus resource count in addition to land and water. Also, can it give continental totals like bicstats use to.

Comment

• Does anyone have, or know where I can get MSVBVM50.dll? I can't get the tool to start without it. (version 94.1)

Comment

• Download the full install. It's included with that one.

You will need to unzip the latest zip after the install.

Comment

Working...
                                X