1.21f installation problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.21f installation problem

I was unable to install the patch satisfactorily. No way to start a new game or accept an old game. I activated in the existing civ3 folder. Underway I was told there were a number of "locked" files (a dozen or so), including the main one civ3.exe, with the choice to "ignore" or "reboot". I chose "ignore" in all cases with the above result, faulty installation. Does anyone have an idea as to what is going on? Thére are no instructions in the Readme. What is a "locked" file anyway? Any help would be appreciated. In the meantime I will have to reinstall and go back to 1.17f.

Yeah, I have had the same problem.. I am using Windows XP, though. Are YOU using XP, Rusty Nail?

I can't install the game at all, and I also get the 'locked file' problem (although only with Civ3.exe). I'm in the middle of a game using v1.16f, so I re-installed it and am now playing again!

Can anyone having a similar XP problem help us get a handle on this?!!

Comment

WIndows 2000

My system is not XP, but W2000, a Dell Precision 330 workstation with latest bells and whistles. The problem must be elsewhere.

Comment

i have the same problem...though i replaced the .exe with the cd crack....but i too can't start the game if i load the latest patch using win 98
        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
        X