Can't switch from palace to wonder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't switch from palace to wonder

Can someone explain me why, sometimes, I can not switch from Palace to a wonder ?
    In my current game I planned to build Sistine Chapel and so started to build Palace in one of my cities. When I finally get Theology, I am unable to change the production to any wonder and consider I lose about 250 shields .
    Nym
    "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Re: Can't switch from palace to wonder

Originally posted by Nym
    Can someone explain me why, sometimes, I can not switch from Palace to a wonder ?
    In my current game I planned to build Sistine Chapel and so started to build Palace in one of my cities. When I finally get Theology, I am unable to change the production to any wonder and consider I lose about 250 shields .
    I'm not exactly sure, but this could have something to do with the fact you're not allowed to rush wonders and you can't (as far as I know) start a building (like an aqueduct), rush it, then switch to a wonder, thereby rushing part of the wonder.

Not allowing you to swtich from a palace like that maybe a form of protecting against rush-building a wonder.
    You're a man- you can be replaced.

Comment

Well, I khew that because I already tested it; I couldn't even switch to palace.
      This time I did not rush the building (do not wan't to loose shields stupidly) and almost directly start with palace (may be I started to build another wonder previously, then switch to palace; I don't remember exactly).
      Nym
      "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

With one of the patches (1.17f I think), you can no longer build the Palace/any Wonder in more than one city. You gotta make sure that no other city is building the Wonder before you get one city to do so. Maybe this helps?
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

In fact I still have the 1.07f version. I also can't build a wonder in more than one city but can build the palace in several cities.
          Regarding my problem, that was not the case. The wonder I wanted to switch to was not being build elsewhere within my empire.
          Nym

Comment

Working...
          X