Stopping Settlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopping Settlers

Does any one know if it's possible to stop the settlers going from early to modern, ie stop the graphics from changing.

Cheers.
    James.

Wouldn't it be just to mix with the file- and foldernames?

Just make a Generic Settler, and move the others.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

A better question, from my point of view, is it possible to make other units change with era like the settler and workers do? I'm not sure exactly which units I would do this for right now, but I'd be curious to know if it were possible, and how to do it.
      No comment.

Comment

It's possible. Just create Unitfolders with the syntax "UnitName EraName" and inis of the same name inside. They will override the generic graphic for the era they are named for. I'm not sure how eraspecific icons work (other then the eight original one)

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a try sometime.
          No comment.

Comment

So here is a question:

What happens when you rename every era? Do you have to rename all the folders to match or do they stay in the generic form???

IE. If you modern age is called "Joe" do you have to change the art folders to "Settler Joe" or something else?

Comment

Yes, you would have to do that, I think. At least it works if you rename it, I don't know if it works if you doesn't Better ask someone with a german version about what their units are named.

Comment

See I am making a mod that is tech based only now. I have rewritten the tech names, moved some to different eras and renamed the eras. I haven't even touched the units but it crashes whenever you build a unit. Doesn't matter what you build everything crashes. I am about to give up if I can't figure out a solution. Maybe you could give me a bit of advice Gramphos. I haven't even added new technologies so it can't be that. Arrgghh.

Comment

Any unit?
                  Try to rename the unitfolders and inis for the eras. just as a test.

Comment

I renamed the eras to the default ones and low and behold ... it still crashed! Arggh.. Thought I was on to something. I have no idea why because as I said the only edit I have made was technology tree based and it crashes whenever a unit is built.

Despite the fact that the game can start showing a worker and a settler, when you try to build them they crash the game. Silly stuff really.

Comment

could you attach a flie for me to look at?

Comment

Working...
                      X