Making things faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making things faster

I have finally found out how to make the cultural advances work faster. Now I need to know how to make the units faster. Usually it takes about 20 turns to create a warrior and 30 to make a settler. I have had this down to 1 move before. How can I get these back to 1 move again?

As far as I can remember, these are the main factors influencing production speed:

1) Larger cities (bigger population = more labour)
    2) Factory city improvement - increase Production by 50%
    3) Plants (solar, coal, nuclear, etc) - these increase the capacity of a factory
    4) Each square has a number of shields allocated to it. Shields are converted into production, therefore production speed also depends on the site of the city.
    5) I think Mines increase production, or is that gold.... Don't forget mines need to be connected to cities in rder to benefit from them.
    6) Obviously, cheaper units are built faster.

Hope that's of some help.
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

I am not sure that I understand. Do I need to make more cities with more mines? Or do I have to make smaller cities?

Comment

Bigger cities are always better for everything: better production, bigger defence bonus, more gold, etc. I think that mines increase gold rather than production, but that helps you to rush-buy. However, the most important thing is to focus on increasing your cities' population. Irrigating nearby squares will increase the growth rate of your city. As I say, more citizens = more labour = more production.
        Up the Irons!
        Rogue CivIII FAQ!
        Odysseus and the March of Time
        I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Mines increase production. They increase gold on gold deposits.....I believe.
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
            Mines increase production. They increase gold on gold deposits.....I believe.
            Exact.
            Nym
            "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Working...
            X