Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to make new civilizations, but its just not happening...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to make new civilizations, but its just not happening...

Okay, like I've said in the past, I'm sick of the same old 16 civs, so I made 16 new ones, but whenever I load the game, it crashes before the first turn starts. Why? What do I have to do to fix it? P.S. I also changed the names of the existing UU's for each new civ... what do I have to change for THAT?

Thanks.
    Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

For UU fix:
    For instance a unit like Sarwe:

Go to the art\units\spearman directory
    take the spearman.ini file (Ctr-C)
    Create an art\units\sarwe directory
    paste the spearman.ini file (Ctr-V)
    Rename the file into sarwe.ini

Open the file now:
    You'll see all kind of data like this:
    ATTACK1=
    ATTACK2=
    ATTACK3=
    VICTORY=
    IRRIGATE=

Then put before all the names files said after = mark the following:
    ..\Spearman\

So ATTACK1=SpearmanAttack.wav
    becomes ATTACK1=..\Spearman\SpearmanAttack.wav

Do it for all the unit names that are new (If you for instance replaced the Impi by the Sarwe, everywhere where I said spearman you should read Impi.)

Hope this helps. If it doesn't work, let me know.

Comment

For UU fix:
      For instance a unit like Sarwe:

Go to the art\units\spearman directory
      take the spearman.ini file (Ctr-C)
      Create an art\units\sarwe directory
      paste the spearman.ini file (Ctr-V)
      Rename the file into sarwe.ini

Open the file now:
      You'll see all kind of data like this:
      ATTACK1=
      ATTACK2=
      ATTACK3=
      VICTORY=
      IRRIGATE=

Then put before all the names files said after = mark the following:
      ..\Spearman\

So ATTACK1=SpearmanAttack.wav
      becomes ATTACK1=..\Spearman\SpearmanAttack.wav

Do it for all the unit names that are new (If you for instance replaced the Impi by the Sarwe, everywhere where I said spearman you should read Impi.)

Hope this helps. If it doesn't work, let me know.

Comment

Alright, I made the adjustments to the UU's according to Beren's specifications, but the game still crashes as soon as it opens. I don't know why exactly... I've tried making a game before where I didn't even touch the units, and it still crashed as soon as it opened and all I did was change the name of several civilizations.

Does changing Civ names cause it to crash?

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

No, it doesn't. It could be a problem with the map. In my map it crashes for dozens of reasons (cities on edge and stuff.)

But if you didn't change the map maybe you could try to check the Barbarian civs. I am not sure, but maybe if you changed the civs into something what's in the barbarian list, it may crash. If you for instance changed Chinese into Mongols, change Mongols into Chinese. But I don't know if this could really crash the game.

Comment

It gets stranger by the minute...

If I play as Israel, the game crashes before the first turn (i.e. when it shows me the techs I have at the beginning of the game). If I play as any other civilization, I can play the first turn before it crashes. I think thats very odd.

Maybe it's the UU's... is there any type of UU that will automatically cause the game to crash right off the bat?

Comment

Maybe something with the scout... Make sure that if you edit civs, you don't edit the leader image, unless you know what you are doing.

Comment

Just look it:

Hi I have added a new civilization to my game (Italy/Mussolini) and eveything works fine exept one thing: When playing and greeting for the first time the leader, it shows on the diplomacy message screen :civname=player (noun) or something like that. Some error. But when then I click to...

I hope then it will help for You...
                CiviPort

Comment

It doesn't seem to be working out... for some reason, I can't do it. It's not the UU's... i don't think. I had a "Prophet" unit that was a special "leader" type unit for Israel, but I took it out, and it still wasn't working... I haven't tried the colofix that Montezuma recommended, but since I didn't actually ADD any civilizations but only modified the existing ones, I don't understand why there'd be a problem.

Comment

Just shout on the programmers and call them names. And scream out loud: "Why couldn't you make editing more simple?" or "Why doesn't it work the way it should be working?"

Firaxis programming just sucks.

Comment

Follow the instructions of Imp Montezuma. It will work.
                      Ralendil

Comment

That is not so strange. Actually could be helpful, narowing down the source of the bug to the israelites.

Since it crashes right off when you play Israel, but not right away when you do not, yet it does still crash, then it is probably because the game doesnt access the Israelis until after your first turn, yet crashes again once it does access them?
                        LVL-based MORPG PvP SuXoR

Comment

Originally posted by Dom Pedro II
                          It doesn't seem to be working out... for some reason, I can't do it. It's not the UU's... i don't think. I had a "Prophet" unit that was a special "leader" type unit for Israel, but I took it out, and it still wasn't working... I haven't tried the colofix that Montezuma recommended, but since I didn't actually ADD any civilizations but only modified the existing ones, I don't understand why there'd be a problem.
                          Check the prophet unit there's an error.
                          Or take this corrected prophet.ini file.
                          Attached Files
                          Ralendil

Comment

Finally got it!

WOO HOO! It worked! The Montezuma colorfix did the trick. I don't know why it works, but as long as it does, that's fine with me. Thanks for all your help, guys!

Comment

Working...
                            X