Saved Games and O/S Compatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saved Games and O/S Compatability

I have been working on a mod for my own entertainment and have been enjoying the process.

However, having recently upgraded my computer at work to Windows XP I have found that saved games from my mod originally saved on my home computer (Win 98) will no longer load. Previously I had Win 98 at work as well and regulalry swapped saved games from the mod between both machines.

I am able to start new games both with my mod and the original game. I have also loaded the latest GOTM from Civfanatics without any problems. The game will fully load a saved mod game until I get to the summary screen before the game begins I then get the "must close down" message.

Having reinstalled the game and 1.17f patch numerous times and double checked my bic, text and unit files, all of which are exact copies of my home system I am now at a loss.

Is there a known compatability issue between mod save games and different operating systems or have I missed something?

My apologies if this is a known issue much discussed but I would be grateful for any information or help.

Many Thanks.

Re: Saved Games and O/S Compatability

I think it is due to the changes of your mod. If you add a unit, a government, a wonder or delete one of them you won't be able to load your last save game.
    Ralendil

Comment

Working...
    X