Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I fix specific civs starting positions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I fix specific civs starting positions?

Somebody please take me through step by step, including what editors I need, to fix starting locations for specific civs. I'm playing Norm's giga europe map and I'm pissed that the Netherlands and Poles have a better starting spot than the Germans.

I can't even figure out how to use his .cb3 attachment to get his placements, but I'd like to choose my own spots for each civ.

Thanks a ton,
    Jessie

The easiest solution would be to wait for the next patch, which will probably let you set civ-specific start locations. Other than that, I haven't used any of the utilities to fix your start point, so you'll have to have someone more knowlegable than me tell you.

Comment

how do i use these .cb3's?

Thanks for the reply. There actually is a file for Norm's map that ends in .c3b ....i have found no editors that support this type of file. I'd be content to use this file, but I can't implement it. When I change the ending to .cpf there are actually programs that recognize it, but the positions don't change.

Maybe I'm doing this wrong. I'm starting the scenario, then before building anything, I save the game and then use my "artificially-created" .cpf file. I go back, same position. Is that how you're supposed to do it?

Someone please also tell me how to use that .c3b file properly.

Thanks

Comment

ok, here's an update on my situation that nobody cares about. I downloaded the civbreed program that the c3b requires. But it doesn't work I start my game, save it, enter all the input, load the new game, and my civ is in the same spot!

Anyone know what the deal is with this?
        I wish there was a simpler way...how did Marla do it with her world?

Comment

K nevermind, I got it figured out

Comment

Working...
          X