Question on length of turns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on length of turns

I have altered the rules so that techs take three times as long to research, because I like to actually use my units in battle before they beome obsolete, heheh. At any rate, how can I shorten the time each turn takes to mirror this? I see no option in the editor.

I realize that it matters little due to the fact that I can continue to play beyond the time limit, but I would prefer to change it if possible.

Also, is there anyway to exceed the built in value caps in the rules editor? For instance, the cap for "max turns to research" is 100, and the max value for a tech is 1000.
    LVL-based MORPG PvP SuXoR

Currently there is no way of changing the length of turns, maybe in a future update.

And there is no way to exceed max values in the editor, my guess is they would be built into the code, so it would take some one a long time to hack it.

Comment

I see. Thats a pity.

Thanks for the answer.

In case you are interested, 3 times is too long. I have shortened it to twice the value and it seems to work for me well (actually getting alot of use of my babylonian bowmen now).

Comment

Oh!

And does anyone know how I might mess with the settings for the goody huts? Such as whether they appear at all, and what rewards they give and to whom?

Comment

AFAIK, there's no way to manipulate Goody Huts to dictate what and who they give stuff too. The closest you can get is by giving a civ the expansionist trait--they tend to get better results from Goody Huts. Hopefully a future version of the editor will change this, because I too would like to be able to mess with the Goody Huts more.
          No comment.

Comment

Working...
          X