My Desktop is broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Desktop is broken

After playing with no problems for 3 months suddenly my desktop icons are half their size and not in the same place they used to be!

does anyone have a solution?
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Have you tried moving them back? And have you checked to see if "use large icons" is checked under display properties>effects?

Or, you could have a problem with your resolution. Check under display properties>settings.

Comment

It sounds like your screen resolution has not returned to its normal (previous) settings when you've quit civ3 or something else. What you need to check will depend on your OS. For win 98 (and probably for ME) go to settings -control panel- display and see if your resolution is higher than normal. Re-set to a lower resolution as necessary. Of course it may be something else (cant think what) and if it happens again I'd start looking for why. Question boards like at techtv are also good sources of advice.
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
      X