Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie questions

Ok, couple of questions.

What determines my choices in diplomacy? Sometimes I can suggest alliances against a third civ, sometimes I can't. Is it random? Sometimes I can't even get in contact with a civ at all without actually finding and clicking on one of their units, even though I've met with them in the past.

Another thing, when a quick unit attacks a slower one, it sometimes retreats when losing, saving it's life. Sometimes it don't. Sometimes it even retreats when attacked, but usually not. Think it may have something to do with wether there are other friendly units in the same square, but not sure. Again - is this random? Hope not, because that would really screw up the tactics.

Re: Newbie questions

Originally posted by Viseus
    Ok, couple of questions.

What determines my choices in diplomacy? Sometimes I can suggest alliances against a third civ, sometimes I can't. Is it random? Sometimes I can't even get in contact with a civ at all without actually finding and clicking on one of their units, even though I've met with them in the past.
    To make ROP agreements, alliances, embargoes, and MPPs, you need to have an embassy with the civ you are dealing with.

Another thing, when a quick unit attacks a slower one, it sometimes retreats when losing, saving it's life. Sometimes it don't. Sometimes it even retreats when attacked, but usually not. Think it may have something to do with wether there are other friendly units in the same square, but not sure. Again - is this random? Hope not, because that would really screw up the tactics.
    They used to retreat all the time, but they changed it in 1.17 so there is a certain percentage chance that the unit will retreat.

Comment

But I'm pretty sure I've had those diplomatic options without having estabished an embassy. Maybe it's enough that they have an embassy in my capital?

That retreat thing sucks How am I now supposed to send my samurai armies to battle without risk of life and property?

Comment

There's really no difference between them having an embassy in your capital and vice versa. The only difference is who pays for it. Just as long as there's an embassy between the 2 civs somewhere, you can use those options.

Comment

Working...
        X