Best form of gov't?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best form of gov't?

Hi. I was just wondering if there was a general consensus here on the most benificial form of government, and if there is, the reasons for that opinion. I've noticed that all the comp players seem to convert to Communism once they get it, but I know the AI does some stupid things from time to time.

Edit: I thought of another question. Do the effects of Sun Tzu's Art of War apply to cities created or captured after the Wonder is built/captured? I know that immediatly after building it, all the cities you have get Barracks, but I've never checked with cities I've captured after the Wonder's construction, and I don't currently have any games in a position to do so. Thanks in advance for answers.
    Last edited by Keeper of Hell; April 1, 2002, 00:51.
    KoH
    "There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquistive idiots."

I think If you are not a Religious civ the best government is Repubblic.

It give you the standard trade bonus of Democracy and you can still handle some quick wars without too many problems of war wearness and starvation.

If you are a warmonger than Communism and Monarchy are the choices for you.
    Communism spread the corruption level in order to make all your cities (Capital too) with the same leve of corruption. That way you lose productivity in your core cities but you can actually build in you peripheric city.
    Monarchy instead is a centralized government were your core city produce a lot and your peripheric city are almost unuseful.

My choice for warmongering is generally Monarchy since I prefer to be able to produce tanks and replace them quickly via railroad on the front, rather than producing tanks in more cities but slowly.

If you are a Religious civ you simply don't care for Government. When you are at peace you go for Democracy, you are at war you go for (whatever you prefer). That only 1 turn of Anarchy thing (+ the cheap Religiuos buildings) make Religious one of the best traits (IMHO the best one).

Hope this help.

Saluti
    A man who has not been in Italy, is always conscious of an inferiority. -Samuel Johnson- (1709-84), English author
    I love the language, that soft bastard Latin,/Which melts like kisses from a female mouth,/And sounds as if it should be writ on satin/With syllables which breathe of the sweet South.-Lord Byron- (1788-1824), English poet.
    Lump the whole thing! Say that the Creator made Italy from designs by Michael Angelo! -Mark Twain- (1835-1910), U.S. author.

Comment

I forgot:

If you are a builder you better go for Democracy since worker works faster and (If I Recall Correctly) it should give you a bonus production too (+ trade bonus).

Saluti
      A man who has not been in Italy, is always conscious of an inferiority. -Samuel Johnson- (1709-84), English author
      I love the language, that soft bastard Latin,/Which melts like kisses from a female mouth,/And sounds as if it should be writ on satin/With syllables which breathe of the sweet South.-Lord Byron- (1788-1824), English poet.
      Lump the whole thing! Say that the Creator made Italy from designs by Michael Angelo! -Mark Twain- (1835-1910), U.S. author.

Comment

Working...
      X