UTILITY: UnOfficial Civ3 Scenario Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preview screen shot

I've attached a screen shot of the next release, as you can see the maps been imported along with the units ( which you can move around the map ), that's pretty much it for this release apart from the other stuff you can see.

I may release this in about 6 hours, it depends on how things go, if not then it'll be some time tomorrow.

Cheers.
    James.
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Preview screen shot

Originally posted by jimmyh
      the maps been imported along with the units ( which you can move around the map )
      well, that DOES bring your program much more closer to a scenario editor
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Re: Re: Preview screen shot

Originally posted by MarkG
        well, that DOES bring your program much more closer to a scenario editor
        Seems like he is headed in the right direction.

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

The next update is avaliable, check the first post for the attachment and a list of features.

Cheers.
          James.

Comment

How do I get this thing to work, all I downloaded was a thing called "attachment", please help.
            First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
            Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

rename it attatchment.zip.

Comment

Good to see this editor posted at last...

Too bad I were away when you got ready to post it. Anyway, i'll move it now...

As I see it is a news-item I see no reason to announce it further...
                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Black screen

I opend the *.zip, installed the file to a fileorder and then used the*.exe. When I named the path of civ3 and selected the save.file the screen was black, no map, no units only the brown frame.

What was that I maked wrong?

Comment

Hi,

Could you please post the save game you are trying to load and I'll have a look at it for you.

Nice to see you are back gramphos, since people only post when some thing is wrong, could any one tell me if they are actually getting it to work.

Cheers.
                    James.

Comment

I still can't figure out how to download from this site... everytime I try it only lets me download a document titled "attachment"...
                      Image is just your imagination. Reality is rarely revealed. - Geri Halliwell

Comment

Originally posted by spicytimothy
                        I still can't figure out how to download from this site... everytime I try it only lets me download a document titled "attachment"...
                        Rename the file to c3se.zip or whateveryouwant.zip and it should download a zip file. Whatever kind of file you are trying to download be sure to rename it correctly.
                        A thing either is what it appears to be; or it is not, but yet appears to be; or it is, but does not appear to be; or it is not, and does not appear to be.--Epictitus

Comment

I got the same thing as Gwydion62. Just a black screen with a brown box.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PerpetualNewbie
                            I got the same thing as Gwydion62. Just a black screen with a brown box.
                            Ok, I've downloaded you save file and there's nothing wrong with it, since your getting no visuals at all, I'm guessing that the civ3 graphics are not being loaded, so I've uploaded a new version which will write some debug info out to a file called debug.log.

So if any one has any problems then please could you post file also.

And just to take a guess at the black screen problem, at the moment you need to run you windows desktop at 32 bit, otherwise the pcx files won't be loaded.

When people post their problems, could you post the save file, the debug.log and give your machine specs.

Cheers.
                            James.

Comment

OK. Changing to 32-bit made it display, sort of. Water looked fine, but all the land tiles I saw had the bottom half covered by a magenta triangle, coastal tiles had just the bottom quarter magenta, the quadrant determined by which side of the tile was land.

As it was loading, I noticed the first time the graphics loaded, the bar went all the way across, the second time, it only went about 1/4 of the way up, and then went straight to the display.

I left-clicked on the first unit I encountered and it crashed. Here was the windows Details stuff, if it helps:

-----

C3SE caused an invalid page fault in
                              module C3SE.EXE at 0137:00401034.
                              Registers:
                              EAX=027e2d80 CS=0137 EIP=00401034 EFLGS=00010246
                              EBX=0067f3b6 SS=013f ESP=0067f328 EBP=0067f384
                              ECX=00000000 DS=013f ESI=000083da FS=3b5f
                              EDX=00000000 ES=013f EDI=0067f36c GS=3eff
                              Bytes at CS:EIP:
                              8b 54 d1 08 8b 08 52 8b 14 8d b0 6f 41 00 0f be
                              Stack dump:
                              00000000 81e0abd8 16af8000 2bdc0000 3cdc8358 834c177f 843a3eff 00833eff 2bdc16af 00050003 005c0003 004c0000 3f6f8368 16af1797 00032bdc 0003000f

-----

My machine at the office is awfully old, and that might be the problem. (P2-300, 64 megs)

Comment

I'm more interested in the crash at the moment so if you could you please post the save game file.

And the magenta thing will be related to your graphics card and the way that I handle RGB colours.

James.

Comment

Working...
                                X