Game Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Performance

Hello, I seem to be having a little trouble with my game performance, and I hope this the correct Forum. Ok, here's the issue, I experiene periodic slowdowns just abot every turn. I've tried turning off sound, deleting save games, just about everything and it doesn't help. I have a Gateway, I've heard they can occsionally createproblems with games. I am about to pul my hair out with boredom, is there anything I can do?

What do you mean periodic slowdowns, every turn? What year is it, how many civs, and how large of a world?
    Yours in gaming,
    ~Luc

Comment

Every year, play a turn, wait two-four minutes for computer
      Marla SInger's World Map, Sixteen civs.

Comment

Long delays aren't unusual if you're playing with 16 civs, especially if you're playing a huge map, which I believe Marla's is. In fact, they're not unusual period, unless maybe you're on a tiny map. Civ games have always had this element of "hurry up and wait" at the end of a turn unfortunately. There's a lot of things that have to be calculated during that time, and it's going to take awhile sometimes. If you don't have the patience for it, I'd suggest you try another game to play.

And I don't mean that in any derogatory way. It's just one of the things you have to get used to while playing these types of games. They're not for everyone.

Comment

You have no problem at all. We all have it even with poepole with 1.6+ghz computers.

All you can do is play with 8 civs and on a smaller map. Thats what I have to do, play on medium map with 8 civs.

Davor

Comment

Two-four minutes doesn´t even sound very much... Later in the game on huge maps, turns might be as long as 15-30 minutes. By then, I don´t find it very exciting to play... In another thread, they discussed that it was obviously mostly the map size that did matter, not the number of civs you play with. However, on a smaller map, like the standard map, I haven´t found any performance problems at all.

Comment

Working...
            X