civ2 to civ3 map converter (request)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civ2 to civ3 map converter (request)

I'm surprised no one has made a tool for this yet, especially since the number of Civ2 maps out there is so great...

Makes a Civ2 format map file a .bic with map data, standard .bic rules (copying from the current default bic file in civ folder?) modified only for map size.

Please, someone?

I don't think this is possible, since there are no swamps in civ3 and no flood plains in civ2.

Comment

is there a utility that converts civ2 maps into a bitmap? then you could use the bitmap converter to change it into a civ3 map.

Comment

Can you convert bitmaps easily to maps? I wonder how... Tell me. Or do you have to do it piece per piece?

Comment

I dunno, you should be asking this in the thread dedicated to that program.

Comment

It'd be relatively simple. There are Civ2-SMAC map converters, and they've already cracked the BIC format. Just make swamps turn into jungle, and the only difficulty would be in transferring rivers. It could have any tile with a river in the Civ2 map have a river at the bottom corner of the corrosponding tile in the Civ3 map.

Comment

I don't know if I'm right...

But aren't all desert squares with a river next to them flood plain? That would solve that problem.

Swamps turn into jungle.

Resources would have to be placed randomly, or none at all so you can edit that yourself (option).

The sea squares could be a problem. Where would they go? Civ II had "coastal" squares, but no sea squares. Maybe an option with a sort of randomness to it... Pick a percentage of open coast squares to have sea squares adjacent.

Comment

Working...
              X