Suggestion for the editor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for the editor.

I don't know if this had been suggested before...

>This is the point where you stop read if you don't want to get hopes that the editor might become better<

I was thinking about ways to give more options for wonders and then I got this idea:

Groups. Yes, that's what I call it. There shall be two types of Groups Unit Gropus and Improvement/Wonder Groups. For each unit and each Improvement you shall be able to assign it to a Group (or leave NONE) (maybe have two or three group fields for even more functionality (but don't make it bitwise, as that would limit the number of groups)).

So, if we have groups what would they be used for?
    Now say that you put all horse units into a grup. That would do nothing for gameplay, so that's no good reason for having groups. But what if you then create a wonder, say "Horse Breeding" which requires horses within the city radius, and increases the movement for all members of the Horse-unit group by one. And why not have a wonder which decreases the upkeep cost for all governmental buildings by one (or pays the full upkeep)?

For building groups there should be an option to only allow one building from each gruop in the same city (as with Power Plants). Or even better: Make that on option on how many buildings from the group that can be built in a city.

For the Gruop pages there should be an option that members of the group requires
    a) A small wonder to be built
    b) A great wonder to be built by any civ
    c) A great wonder to be built by the civ
    to be able to construct the building.

There should also be a way to limit the number of buildings from the group that can be build by a civ (in total)

Governments should have an option: No maintenance for members of a unit group, and the same option for a Building Group.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Good Idea.

In the units section you can already set units to mounted, but I'm not sure what that does.

Comment

Originally posted by Beren
      In the units section you can already set units to mounted, but I'm not sure what that does.
      Mike sad it does nothing. And mounted includes elephants as well . But it was mainly an example. There are so many thing you could be able to do with it that I had to make an example to not make it sound too good .
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Great idea!

I really hope this goes into the game!
        My Website: www.geocities.com/civcivciv2002/index.html
        My Forums: http://pub92.ezboard.com/bacivcommunity

Comment

Working...
        X