No freakin coal!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No freakin coal!!

In all of my games of Civilization III, i have never had even one source of coal in my empire! it really stinks because nearly all of the other comp players nearly always do, and they're always inland, so when i have to go to war with them to get the coal, i have to conquer a coastal city for a harbor to connect it to the rest of my empire, and i have to conquer a city with coal in it's radius, but when i conquer the city, the radius gets smaller so the coal is in unclaimed territory. then i have to either make or conquer another city with the coal in it's radius, AND any city that has roads within it's borders. it really sucks!

That's life. Or more exactly: That's Civ. You are supposed to have to work for your resources. There wouldn't be any need for them if you always got them.

But if you really want to change that you could try to make the appearance ratio of coal higher or even change units and building so you won't need any coal at all.

Comment

You are playing with patch 1.17f aren't you? Apparently there was a bug before that sometimes meant that there weren't as many of a resource as there should have been. That was one of the things they said they had fixed.

As for the previous post, it's quite easy in the editor to increase the number of a resource that appears on the map, though there is a limit. Just go to Rules>Edit>Natural Resources, you'll find the appearance/disappearance ratio settings there for each resource.

Comment

Working...
      X