Unloading from armies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unloading from armies

I have tried everything I can think of to remove units from an army without success. Is there a way? I can't even upgrade units in an army.
    On a similar subject, is it a known bug that pressing L does not unload ships as the manual says it should? I've looked through the buglist without success. This is no big deal of course because there are other ways to unload a ship.
    Finally one other small query. Is the Civ3 Editor available for download on this site any different from the one that comes with the Civ3 CD?
    Thanks.

I´m sure you can easily find all the answers for your questions if you use the handy SEARCH function.

Comment

Armies can't be unloaded, nither can the units in them be upgraded. However, I believe the 1.17f patch included a bug that made it unload by using the group movement in some way. They thought it would be too powerful if you could unload it.

As for the editor downloadable, it's the one that are included with the second version of 1.17f.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Group movement does unload units from an army, I've done it only once though. My peace loving builder style isn't exactly the easiest way to test it though.

Comment

To clarify. You need to patch to 1.17f to use the 1.17f editor. Or at least you should.

To clarify further. It is not the 1.17f editor. It is the 1.15 editor and the 2.10 Bic file. They come with the 1.17f patch.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

To clarify the clarification. Most CDs out there would be version 1.07. Some might be 1.16. Version of the game, I'm not sure what the earlier editor and bic file versions were.

Find out which version you have by looking in the bottom left corner of the main screen (the one where you chose to start a game, or load a game, etc.)
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

The first version of 1.17f had the incorrect editor. However. The correct editor is downloadable separetely.
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
              X