Please Help!: Video Freeze after Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help!: Video Freeze after Intro

So, addicted to the game I bring it with me on a trip to a friend's house. She has a nice Dell P3 running ME, pretty much the same as mine (on which the game runs fine). Install runs fine, and I start the game. Here's what happens:

+ Audio/Video are perfect through the movie.
    + When the Options screen ought to come up to start the game, the Monitor status lights look like a Christmas tree -- everything across the board (bright, contrast, vert/horiz placement, etc...) freaks out, and the screen goes solid black. Audio is fine.
    + All the usual suspect escapes, keystrokes, etc. fail.
    + Once I double "three-finger-salute" the little bastid, I get a breif display of the graphic that underlies the Options screen (without any text), and then the system reboots normally.

This has been true both before and after clean and partial reinstalls, and before and after downloading the latest patch.

Grr...

Anybody hit this before?

Although I dont have these problems myself, there has been an unusual number of similar problems posted usually with XP. In many (some) it has been a monitor refresh rate/driver problem. Do a search in civ3help for "monitor" or "XP" and it may give you some ideas of what to try.
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Thanks very much.

Comment

Working...
      X