UNIT: Tiger Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNIT: Tiger Tank

Updated unit to correct a few shadow glitches.

Kentonio

Version 1 removed after 189 downloads.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kentonio; April 7, 2002, 20:31.

Looks nice. Should be perfect for the WW2 mod.

Comment

Aren't tiger tanks german???

And maybe we should put together a team for creating a WWII scenario/mod, I'm currently working on an editor, although we are currently limited to the turn/year rate of the game, maybe some one could change the civ3.exe to change this.

Comment

Yep, Tiger tanks were the most famous of the German heavy tanks. They were reported to be almost unstoppable by other tanks of the day and were mostly destroyed by aircraft.

WW2 scenario would be sweet. Especially considering that the next patch is allowing planes to sink ships. Would really like to get Havelock on board to do the aircraft.

Kentonio

Comment

Have you checked out his projects page, there are loads of units planned.

James.

Comment

Yeah, he's set himself a lot to do

Here the Tiger btw, havnt had chance to test it yet but it should be fine. If anyone finds any bugs plz let me know.

Kentonio

------------------- File moved to first post -------------------------
            Last edited by kentonio; April 7, 2002, 20:32.

Comment

Cool, very nicely done, another unit for my mod. Maybe it could do with the german symbol on it.

Any chance of a German U-boat, or HMS Fearless.

Cheers
              James

Comment

I agree about the German symbol. Will add an iron cross on the turret side later on. Could have a go at ships but first I want a bit more practice on land units. Trouble at the moment is im not working from any kind of plan so im just looking at random units. I may try producing several more german armoured units to make a start on the WW2 mod.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Kentonio

PS Are you planning on also making units for the WW2 mod Jimmy?

Comment

I'm working on a WW2 MOD, and a Scenario... but the scenario will probably take some time.

It crashed when I loaded it so I have to start over...
                  Grey Fox
                  Emperor of Beasts

Download the WW2 MOD

Comment

Very, very, very nice job....
                    Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                    religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Looks pretty good, now I just need to find a place for it in the mod we are working on.
                      Yours in gaming,
                      ~Luc

Comment

Tiger Tank graphic

Looks good.

If possible, I'd ask you leave one copy of the tank without the Nazi symbol on it...I'd love to use this graphic in my mod. (I currently have four versions of Tank (Armoured Tractor(WW I), Light Tank and Heavy Tank (WW II) and Modern Infantry), and this graphic would be great for Heavy Tank (which is what the Tiger was))

For anyone interested, I'll post my mod in the next few weeks. I've built it to be significantly more complex than the default, with over 30 new techs (at this point), new units (though I don't have graphics for most of them, so they share icons), new buildings, etc. It will be a significantly longer, more complex game, geared more towards players like myself that mostly play on Emperor or Diety level.
                        ===Harpoonz=>

Comment

Is that 30 new techs to replace the original ones or is that 30 new techs including the original ones???

As far as I know you can't add new icons for techs.

James.

Comment

But you can use original ones double...

I'm using it in my mod as well. (Middle-East update, yet to appear)
                            Go to Mid East mod thread now

Comment

@Harpoonz, no prob dude, I am currently working on several dozen new units, so finding the time to add symbol to the Tiger is long way off anyway If one day I do tho it will just be an german cross, not any kind of nazi symbol.

Kentonio

Comment

Working...
                              X