• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAP: Dominatrix

Dominatrix.bic

Map for Civilization III
    by Patch

This is a map designed primarily for Domination or Conquest play with 8 players.

There are 8 roughly equal areas of the map, where players are started. Each area has one of each strategic resource somwhere in it. Each area also has 7 of the 8 Luxury resources, plus one extra of one of the seven. The central area is all Jungle and nothing else... except it is also the only way to get to other Civs!

This map tests your building strategies, as the only battles you're likely to fight in the early game is with Barbarians. If you love massive battles, then this is your map!

Enjoy!!

-Patch

Mega-Awesome
    14.29%
    Great
    28.57%
    OK
    57.14%
    Shove it
    0.00%
    Last edited by Patch; March 21, 2002, 23:52.

Doh! Here's the map...

Oops... hard to get a file that isn't in the post, isn't it? LOL

Sorry... here it is...

-Patch
    Attached Files

Comment

Dominatrix pic

Here's a pic of the map:

Comment

Interesting desing... I will try it.
        Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
        religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Looks like fun, although couldn't a person just build boats and transport units across?
          DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
          EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
          AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Rhuarc
            Looks like fun, although couldn't a person just build boats and transport units across?
            To be able to build boats, you have to have a city on the edge of the water. All the land (except the center) is surrounded by mountains, so a city cannot be built on the water until you reach the center of the map. By that time, boats are useless.

-Patch

Comment

Good map. But it's only good once. I was able to expand into the middle first. then I just fortified defenders on the mountains. Only one city was ever taken in a war for all the civs. unfortunately it was mine. I got arrogant by leaving a single veteran rifleman in a size twelve city. It got captured and razed by a regular warrior. Argh! Anyways Once I fortified my defenders there were no more battles. I controlled the paths to the middle and wouldn't let anyone through.

Comment

Originally posted by PatLasch
                Good map. But it's only good once. I was able to expand into the middle first. then I just fortified defenders on the mountains. Only one city was ever taken in a war for all the civs. unfortunately it was mine. I got arrogant by leaving a single veteran rifleman in a size twelve city. It got captured and razed by a regular warrior. Argh! Anyways Once I fortified my defenders there were no more battles. I controlled the paths to the middle and wouldn't let anyone through.
                Like I said, this map was designed for domination or conquest. You can't win domination or conquest without taking cities.

-Patch

Comment

Working...
                X