Remember this pic? A new Mod Style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember this pic? A new Mod Style?

Just for laughs, does anyone like this style of graphics for civ3? I mean, would you actually like using it? It's a real simplistic clean look.

Most of you probably won't know where this pic comes from, but way back when the first shots of Civ3 were coming out, a lot of us were unhappy about the graphics, so I changed one of the screenshots to encourage Firaxis to rethink what they are doing with the graphics, didn't work obviously, but anyway, I found this pic just now hidden deep in my directories, thought it would be quite cool to have a mod like this one, of course I will only make a mod like this when I have finished the current one, which is btw going to take me some time, there are lots of things I want to do, trust me, I want to get this one right guys and it's going to take time, but when its done, its done.
    Attached Files
    be free

and for those anxious to see a bit of my current mod

see all the little ppl inside?? hahaha, I'd say that's cute but I am not a girl.
    Attached Files
    be free

Comment

like those little ppl
      hehe
      nice one snoopy!
      are they gonna stay?

Comment

Yeah, I like that style of graphics. Sn00py you should at least post your water graphics, I really like the screenshot you posted of the new blue.

Comment

I sure wish you could toss us a few tidbits here and there, so far I like what I see. I'm eagerly awaiting to see what you come up with. I certainly hope you've done something interesting with the railroad graphics.

Comment

Definitely. I think it fits the game graphics (advisors, menus) better than the current ones.

Comment

Yes, I remember that one...

I would really want to play on such a mod...
              Last edited by Gramphos; March 19, 2002, 15:43.
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Wasn't that how the citynames looked originally, in the first screenshots they gave us?

Comment

that new style of graphics you showed isn't too bad, but I defenitley want to see waht you have for us first, before you start workingon that other style!
                  DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
                  EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
                  AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay37
                    Wasn't that how the citynames looked originally, in the first screenshots they gave us?
                    Yes, that was, and I realised that there is no way to mod out the numbers AFAIK...
                    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Me no like the first one... JarJar preffer the citties one
                      Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                      religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

That screenshot, to me, is freakin' AMAZING... I love the Zelda II-esque-ness of it... Definitely thumbs up.
                        "You don't have to be modest if you know you're right."- L. Rigdon

Comment

What's the status on this mod? It looks pretty rad, esp. the plains and rivers/roads. Very clean look.

Oh, and btw, I still want the brown terrain in the lower-righthand corner! Iwon't stop bugging you! Good work, anyhow :goodjob:.
                          [size=1]"As night fell she emerged with a box under her arm that held her pledge of allegiance and her uniform. She laid it at the gates of the General's embassy and her whisper echoed into dawn as she disappeared: The truth will set my people free."
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Visit my personal civ3 page here.

Comment

How do you change the city name thingy at all?

Comment

Working...
                            X