Can't get very far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get very far

I can't get the game to go past the screen where you choose climate, size, etc. The system I am using is Windows ME, 800 mhz, 128 MB RAM, I am not sure how fast the CD ROM is, but its a DVD ROM and this computer is very new. If someone know's what might be going on, please help me.
    ZigZac

Having a no smoking section in a restaurant is like having a no peeing section in a swimming pool.

What happens at that screen for you?
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

It says something like "Civilization III has performed an illiegal operation". I tried it one my friend's computer and it worked, but about 2500 BC or so, it crashed on us.
      ZigZac

Having a no smoking section in a restaurant is like having a no peeing section in a swimming pool.

Comment

Have you done anything with the rules?
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I fixed it. I just got sick of it and reinstalled it again and again. About the third time it worked. Thanks for all the help. But I still kinda wonder what happened. oh well.
          ZigZac

Comment

Welcome to the world of computing, especially Windows. I swear sometimes my system has a mind of it's own, and sometimes it just wants to be on holidays.

Comment

Working...
            X