Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone found a way to have more than 16 civs selectable yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone found a way to have more than 16 civs selectable yet?

Last time I checked, the game would always crash if you go into the diplomacy screen if you added a civ with say, the civ copy tool. Has anyone found a work-around for this yet?
    thanks in advance.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

It's not possible due to the advisor graphics not being read from pediaicons.txt. Ad won't be possible until that is fixed. But someine from Firaxis sayd that they were intended to be read from that file, so whe might see that fixed in a later patch. *Keeps fingers crossed*
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

No.

Comment

Re: has anyone found a way to have more than 16 civs selectable yet?

Maybe... add the civilization in your hacked editor. Don't change the color. Add the entries for the new civ into the pediaicon.txt. And play... I'll test it in this moment but it works for now.
        My only prob is that in the editor my new civ (arabia) has got the color as red and in play it is yellow. I think it is due to the change i have done to the era animation file (on the civilization windows of the editor). I have copied the needed files from the Egyptian.

So in conclusion I think we could add more than 16 civ. But color change in civeditor doesn't work. And it seems that color is linked to the animations FLC files of the civilization.
        But I am only a mod maker and I doesn't know how animations work in civ3 so....
        Ralendil

Comment

First, look it:

Hi I have added a new civilization to my game (Italy/Mussolini) and eveything works fine exept one thing: When playing and greeting for the first time the leader, it shows on the diplomacy message screen :civname=player (noun) or something like that. Some error. But when then I click to...

With any hex editor change bytes for unique and default colors for each RACE. Format look in BIC thread on top this board.
          Decimal values from 17 to 31. Don't use this IDs double. For unique and default IDs may be different.

Number extra civs delimited 15 because not enaugh space in civs choice screen and number palettes. Totally 31 civs.
          CiviPort

Comment

The problem is that the settings for the foreign advisor in pediaicons aren't used in the game.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
              The problem is that the settings for the foreign advisor in pediaicons aren't used in the game.
              Yes of coarse. Just not use Foreign in game. Work around only...
              CiviPort

Comment

Working...
              X