Wonder Rushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder Rushing

I have been playing Civ3 for a bit but I rarely seem to spawn Great Leaders, not through want of trying either. Anytime I do have got one I haven't been in the situation where I am building a wonder or am about to build one so I've always used them to build armies. Basically what I'm wondering is how much of a bonus to you get when you use a great leader to rush a wonder/improvement. I was planning to find this out in the game I'm currently playing but both GL's I got were killed seconds after they popped up. Most irritating.
    If music be the food of love then get that man a double cheese burger!

If you use a great leader to build a Wonder, it will be completed on the next turn.
    What?

Comment

Yeah amd my bad luck do not know limits... the great library was constructed in the same turn...
      Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
      religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

If you want to increase the number of great leaders try this. Anytime a unit can be turned into an elite, usually if the unit was already an elite it would have produced a great leader, therefore just reload and use an elite unit(usually has to be of same type eg. both may have to be archers) for that battle. also, try different sequences of battles and if one sequence doesn't produce a great leader then just restart and try another sequence and keep my rule in mind. If you are in desperate need of a ruler to hurry a wonder, do this.

Comment

I find this system for rushing wonders quite annoying for builder like me. I would like to be able to rush a wonder without going to war. I think it was already discussed within this forum (I do not remember where) but IMHO Firaxis should find another complementary system.
          Nym
          "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Originally posted by Nym
            I find this system for rushing wonders quite annoying for builder like me. I would like to be able to rush a wonder without going to war. I think it was already discussed within this forum (I do not remember where) but IMHO Firaxis should find another complementary system.
            I agree. There should be another way for peaceful GL or do away with their ability to rush a wonder.
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu
              If you use a great leader to build a Wonder, it will be completed on the next turn.
              Yes, compare the 400-1000 sheild value of building a wonder with the value of building a army.

Comment

Working...
              X