Is there some sort of Civ3 scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there some sort of Civ3 scenarios

Hi. Seeing as how some of you people have created lots of interesting tools and new files for Civ3 I was wondering if someone knew how to create scenarios as the ones Civ2 supported (not just those boring maps).

If so, where can I find them? Thanks.

At the moment is almost imposible to create a scenario like the CIV2... but exist the first attempt of it in the forum files its called: modern Warfare. I dont know how to link You but take a look.
    Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
    religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Thanks, found the file and read the thread. The guy said he wasn't interested in historical scenarios though, but can't you do the same thing with a world map?

Comment

The option for scenarios are extremely limited at the moment, due to the lack of any sort of events trigger in the editor. All you can expect at the moment is a mod, where someone has made changes to the current rule set. I suspect that real scenarios won't be available for at least a year from now, though I'm hoping Firaxis proves my prediction wrong.

Comment

Currently I'm working on an editor so people can make scenarios, although, without the code to Civ3 you won't be seeing an event handler any time soon. My editor will ( in time ), be able to do any thing that civ2 could, but with out the events.

As for some thing comming from firaxis, I wouldn't hold your breath, the fact that there was no way of having correct starting locations ( some thing which is very simple to do ) in the full release of the game suggests that you won't get very much support for doing scenarios.

The Publishers/Producers may well have had some thing to do with that was released in the final version of the game.

Cheers.
          James.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyh

As for some thing comming from firaxis, I wouldn't hold your breath, the fact that there was no way of having correct starting locations ( some thing which is very simple to do ) in the full release of the game suggests that you won't get very much support for doing scenarios.
            There was a post from Mike at Firaxis, who's working on the editor, and he mentioned that starting locations was his main priority at the moment. I suspect that within a year, probably with the release of the XP, that we'll see some events triggers and full scenario support.

Comment

Thanks guys, so this means either no scenarios for me or back to good old Civ2 FW, at least for a while. And I really wanna play a scenario, I find normal SP games pretty boring after a few hours!

Oh and good luck jimmyh with that editor!

Comment

Working...
              X