Is Civ3 Playable again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Civ3 Playable again?

I stopped playing civ3 in november because the game was unplayable with having to wait for 15mins after each round.
    I'm not going to bother reading all the patch fixes so I'll just
    state this general question: Is civ3 playable again?

Have the AI stopped moving it's units around for no cause?
    Is it possible to play a game after the 20th century without
    10min+ delay time on large maps with 7+ civs?
    Also is it possible now by using the editor to place the starting positions of each civ?

That'll be all.

Depends on what you want.

The game speed itself (the "calculated phase") didn't change.
    So the delays for large maps are still there.

You now have the option to turn of display of enemy moves and moves of your automated workers. So if your gripe was the many units walking around then you should try to play it with the patch.

And no, you still cannot place starting postitons with the editor. but there are tools available for this (check the files forum).

Comment

So you still have to wait 15mins after each turn then...?

Comment

yes... but in standard and large maps.. only.
        Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
        religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Computational power requirements are unlikely to change.

The better system you have the less lag you will have.

Sorry, but it seems they designed for the next 3 years, not the last 3 years.

Good luck
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

If you want to, just play the game using a high percent of water squares which means that the computer can't build its hundreds of cities and therefore eliminates thousands of men.

Comment

like the others have said, it really depends on your pc, how fast turns take

you say you stopped playing in nov? that was around the time of the 1st patch, iirc, but one of those early patches allowed for more preferences that woudl spped up the game. i don't rememvber what they were, i have all of those things turned off, but try the latest patch w/ animations and show enemy moves off etc. that might help a bit. (whoops, just realized that todd hawks siad what i just did)

also, if you were playing on huge (or large) maps, they have decreased the default size, so that might help it run faster on your machine.

Comment

You now have the option to turn of display of enemy moves and moves of your automated workers. So if your gripe was the many units walking around then you should try to play it with the patch.
                You could do that before too

Comment

Working...
                X