I Need Help with the map editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Help with the map editor

I want to make a game where it will be easier to get armies using the map editor. I also want the computer to get alot of armies like I do. This is hard because I don't know how to do it exactly. I know what to do but not how.

Here's my list.
    1. I could make Military Academy buildable without needing a victoruious army, but how?

2. I could make armies buidable from the start, but how?

3.I could make a new unit that builds armies, but how can i get the computer to use him and it won't make sense once u get the Military Academy.

Any1 have suggestions on how to do this. My theory is that if they put armies in the game then you should be able to use them alot in every game u play and thats what i'm trying to do for the human and ai players.

2. Make the Palace a Small Wonder which allows armies to be built without a leader.
    Yuo will then need to make a Wonder Splash with the ID 0 that will show up once the first city is built.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

How do u make a Wonder Splash.

Comment

You may either reuse one old (Forbidden Palace might be good for the Palace as well, or make a new one, (something about that the civilization has settled for the first time could look quite good as well)

Load Pediaicons.txt (it's >32kB, so for full editability I suggest WordPad, een if Notepad opens it.

Search for #WON_SPLASH_
        before #WON_SPLASH_30 add
        Code:
        #WON_SPLASH_0
        [i]relative path from civ3 directory to the splash[/i]
        for Forbidden Palace it is: art\wonder splash\forbidden city.pcx

Save your work, and the Palace will have a wondersplash.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Thanks so much for your help. Now I can enjoy games with massive armies like I wanted to. I haven't tested it yet but i know it works so i hope the ai builds armies as well. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Yes it does build Armies, but probably not as many as you will. It seems to be a bit haphazard about it. Sometimes it will build a lot, sometimes not very many.

Comment

Working...
            X