Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does "mounted" mean?

What does the "mounted unit" flag do?

We know that foot units are the only ones that can be carried by ... well ... units that can only carry foot units, and that wheeled units cannot normally enter jungles or mountains. None of these flags excludes any other, so you can in fact have a "mounted foot unit with wheels" whatever that would be.
    The difference between industrial society and information society:
    In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
    In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

mounted means on a horse. or elephant.

Comment

I know that, but what is the gameplay effect?
      The difference between industrial society and information society:
      In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
      In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

It means that this unit when it fights, and only if it has more movement points than the defender, it may retreat if it down to one hitpoint.
        My Website: www.geocities.com/civcivciv2002/index.html
        My Forums: http://pub92.ezboard.com/bacivcommunity

Comment

no ,the retreat option depends on the speed, jaguar wariors can retreat, and they are not mounted, are they?

you can use mounted to exclude certain units from transports, i used it for my custom units idea, but i forgot how it exactly worked.

a "mounted foot unit with wheels" can't be loaded on a transport with "carry foot units only", so mounted is for units that cannot be transported by certain transport types(those with "carry foot units only"), but can enter jungle and mountain
          <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
          Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Do pikemen get a bonus against mounted units?

Comment

don't think so, if pikeman gets a bonus, then logically swordmen would also get a bonus, since they are both foot units with no other special abilities, besides draft for pikeman, and that would be wrong.
              <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
              Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

AFAIK Mike said that thet flag currently were unused.
                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                X