coastal fortesses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coastal fortesses

In the civilopedia, it says there are benefits of coastal fortresses, but they don't seem to do anything.
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

AFAIK coastal fortresses fire at enemy ships if they travel from one tile in your ZOC to another, i.e. the ship is in one of the 8 tiles surrounding your city and from there travels to another one of the 8 tiles.

This happens very rarely so I haven't seen the coastal fortress in action yet and I think it is quite useless (IMHO it should instead give a free shot at attacking enemy ships).

Comment

Working...
    X