Better flood plain graphic please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better flood plain graphic please

Could someone with some graphics skill please make a flood plain that looks like a flood plain instead of the desert?

I am always confused in the game. It looks exactly the same to me.

I just put an "F" on it for now, but it looks hideous. Please, please, somebody do something!
    Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
    Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
    Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
    Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

sn00py has a new graphics mod coming out soon, maybe flood plains will be changed in it.

Comment

flood plain grfx

here is something I threw together in photoshop. However, I'm in a lab right now and don't have access to the actual pcx files, so i just did it fom memory. if you like it, i can do an actual version, but it may be awhile, as Spring Break is next week (hooha!)
      Attached Files
      "Government isn't the solution to our problems; Government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

No, I don't have Civ4 yet...

Comment

OK
        "Markosan" said him... and his prophet just smile.

Comment

alrighty, i'll get to work on it a soon as I can.
          "Government isn't the solution to our problems; Government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comment

thanks fezick31

I found this pic. maybe it will help inspire you.

maybe you could add your flood plain grfx to sn00py's graphics coming out soon. he hasn't thought of changing them til now
            Attached Files
            Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
            Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
            Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
            Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

I just got back from break, so i'll try and get something done for tomorrow (March 19) (it's a heckuva lot colder here than in Orlando though . Oh well, summer is only 3 months away.....

Thanks Cap', the picture is good.

Comment

Hey uh is this any good? I really have no idea..

can I make improvements? or do I really need to start again?
                Attached Files
                be free

Comment

here is a preliminary.

feedback, por favor.
                  Attached Files

Comment

to Sn00py:

It´s nice, but still there´s no difference between the Desert and the Flood Plain, anyway the river is very nice!

Now the obligatory question: When?

forgot about Fezick31 (sorry): do you speak spanish? If so: lindas palmeras
                    The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Actually there are no flood plain graphics other than the green tinge around the river. Any desert tiles bordering the river graphics are floodplains, I believe.

Comment

What's the point in changing the graphics. I love it like this. The only place flood plain appears is next to a river and in that case you can easily tell it from desert, because it has something like a jungle attached to the river.
                        Ofcourse you could place somewhere else, making your own maps, but that was not the point about flood plains.

Comment

I was checking out the flood plains and here are some things I noticed:

The default graphic is desert, so in the floodplains file where it has the purple (=transparency) desert will show through probably (unless it is a coast and the water shows through).

The deltaRivers file overlays the floodplains file in most cases; a notable exception is that if you design one of the squares as a coastline, you will quickly find out that it will also show when the terrain changes from floodplains to anything else.

It would be possible to really change how floodplains look, someone will just have to widen the existing graphics, or replace them.

The way it stands now the existing graphics are mostly covered by the rivers that overlay the floodplains (that is why you need to fill as much of that square as possible in order to make it really stand out from desert).

Comment

sn00py, is it possible to make mountains with clouds around them? Have you tried anything like that? airbrush some grey clouds on a white background and then paste them onto the mountains? hmm, I'll try that later on (tried making them on the regular background but it used many shades of purple to do the clouds, argh).

Comment

Here is a screenshot of my new floodplain graphics. I went fr an Oasis type look. If you have any comments let me know, otherwise I'll post the pcx file a little later.

Carlos, Yo hablo un picino espanol, paro no muy bein. I'm glad you like the palm trees though
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X