No announcement yet.

SCENARIO: Modern Warfare Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i copied the scenario to the save game file and then tried to play it, when it started loading but when it gets to 51% it says that there is a bunch of errors i a newbie to the whole downloading thing, is there any special things you need? thx

Comment

hi,

i'm pretty sure that means you need to install the latest patch for the game.

you can get the patch on this site or from the game people at...

ftp://ftp.infogrames.net/patches/civ3/Civ3v117f.exe

please let me know if installing the patch fixes the errors.

dutcheese

Comment

FYI, I also had difficulty downloading this mod.
        "'It's the last great adventure left to mankind'
        Screams a drooping lady,
        offering her dreamdolls at less than extortionate prices."
        -"The Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging" (Genesis 1974)

Comment

Originally posted by Cairo_East
          FYI, I also had difficulty downloading this mod.
          Can you describe the problem
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Thanks it worked. The scenario looks really cool. Can't wait to give it a try

Comment

hi Trickey,

That is some good news.

I'm playing the game now and it's tougher than I thought it would be. Was forced to make an alliance to survive... and the enemy keeps sending wave after wave to take their old city back.

Right now it's me and the Japaneese against the Persians, French, and Chineese.

dutcheese

ps. an alternate download site is now available and include with the original post and here

Comment

Yeah, in my game I'm allied with the Japanese too...but one problem is:

The whole war so far is just me and my enemy sending out battleships to be pummeled by the other's airofrce and finished off by a battleship...Ive tried launching a land attack covered by a couple battleships, but they still destroy it...and even if I could clear a path, it would only last 1 turn because they can build (and so can I)battleships every 1 or 2 turns in every coastal city...If i could land a force, there would still be a huge garrison in every city (discovered via espionage!) and the air force would bomb my guys to hell before id be able to defeat it...

Just my experience...

Comment

hi,

it's tough... have taken the Chinese now though and with about 20 cities i can out produce. you definitely need a strong navy.

i sent in the battleships, subs, and carriers first followed up quickly with a 24 modern armor landing protected again by a fleet of battleships. took the city, hunkered down for defense with barracks fighters and bombers, and built an airport to bring in reinforcements. then did the mopping up action.

building an invasion force now to take France, and just turns away from taking the uranium.

dutcheese
                  Last edited by dutcheese; March 9, 2002, 14:31.

Comment

There is only one spot on the uranium island coast that you can build a city...and the stupid AI never builds a city there

Comment

Awesome work dutcheese . Are you planning on making any historical scenarios????

-trickey

Comment

You don't need to build on the coast to get the uranium. If you build a city in the center and hurry production on several culture buildings you can take control of both uraniums and reap the benefits using an airport.

Comment

Stupid me...forgot about that...I've never gotten past teh very beginning of the modern age, so I usually dont think about airports much...

Comment

Still have the same problem...
                            Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                            religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Hi godinex,

somehow your saved game got corrupted. maybe when you downloaded it. suggest you download again if you want to give it a try.

Thanks for the support Trickey! Not too much into historical scenarios, sorry.

But was thinking about something like the movie Zulu... where you have to run the gaunlet and make it to the end and survive.

or find (control) the three hidden scrolls (resource) of atlantis and win (via modified space race and spaceship parts)..

or.. was really wishing if i showed it was possible and how that others would start creating too.

i'm about 100 turns into the game now and have the persians on the ropes with them having about 4 cities left each. got to start using the nukes though to win I think as there are 100 turns left for the other 3 players to conquer.

dutcheese

Comment

Your ideas sound pretty cool. Can't wait to see if ya make another one .

-trickey

Comment

Working...
                                X