Unhappiness problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unhappiness problem

I'm a mac user and I've come across a problem in a conquered city. The city was taken
    from the Russians but originally belonged to the Romans. I am not now at war with
    the Romans nor was I when took the city. I do have an alliance with the Romans against
    the Russians. The city has 3 or 4 garrisoning units ( my government is communist) and has
    access to 4 luxuries. According to my understanding, the lone citizen of the city should be at
    least content if not happy and yet remains unhappy. I know that I could add a few more
    workers in order to get some more cooperative labor going, but it doesn't seem like that should
    be necessary. I smashed the French and never had this problem. The Romans are furious with
    me but we have not been at war in a few hundred years. (it is about 2035ad) and we have
    been allies before. Does anyone know what isgoing on? Is this a bug? Is it a result of my
    alliance? Any help appreciated. Tim

It's possible that in the past, the other civs used pop rushing a few times in order build something. As Soren explained it, if you have a city size 1 which had pop rushed 3 times previously, there's be a surplus of 2 unhappiness, as well as the surviving citizen. So it would become much harder to make that 1 remaining citizen happy again.

Comment

Working...
    X