How can I produce mounted units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I produce mounted units?

I've researched horseback riding, and yet I can't produce horseback units. The barbarians near my civ seem to have horseback units, but not me. What's going on here? Do I have to find horses, like a resource?

Yes, horses are a strategic resource...you need them for horsemen, knights, and cavalry.

Comment

Where can I find horses? Are they just hanging around, like cattle? Do they only show up once I have the horseback riding tech? Should I be re-checking areas I've looked at previously to see if there are any horses there?

Someone has suggested to me that there might be a time (like, I dunno, 1400 BC) that they start showing up. Is there any truth to this?

Comment

They will appear as horses on regular terrain after you discover the Wheel.(as well as all other strategic resoures once you get their respective techs). Once you have this tech, you should check around the map to see where the horses have appeared. Time has nothing to do with this, just when you discover the necessary tech.

Comment

Working...
        X