Disappearing and reappearing lumber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappearing and reappearing lumber

I've added lumber and copper as strategic resources. The copper works fine but the lumber will disappear with the usual blurb about being used up. The very next turn it reappears in the same spot as newly discovered! The other oddity is on the trading advisor where you can see the resources at the top. I have two lumbers on the far left and two more further down the line instead of the usual 4 clumped together (as with the other resource types)
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Sounds to me like your Bic file has picked up some bug, it does happen occasionaly that it becomes corrupted. I've added a number resources, including Timber and Copper, and I've never had that problem, so I suggest you just start from scratch. It's a good idea to backup your work every so often in case something goes wrong down the line.

Comment

You could be right about the bic being corrupted. It happened to me before (the last time I modified all the unit stats?). I'll play this one out anyway since its my first game with the new patch, added resources, and units.
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

THe file is corrupted... and thats all
        Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
        religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

I think this is covered in the readme file

* Fixed bug which sometimes caused depletion of resources so that there would be < 1 per civ.

I think this will cause a resource to reappear in the same spot if, when it disappears, there is less than one resource per civ. I have noticed this with saltpeter. I was playing with 8 civs and there were 8 saltpeter resources. One of mine disappeared and reappeared in the same spot so there was still 8.

Maybe this is what is happening. As for your other problem I have no idea.

Comment

Fixed bug which sometimes caused depletion of resources so that there would be < 1 per civ.
            This may be a related bug, but I'm not sure its the same. I cut down the forest on that square and the lumber disappeared (which is what I wanted to happen).

Comment

Working...
            X