Looking To Do Some Serious Editing!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking To Do Some Serious Editing!!!

I'm looking to do some serious editing to the rules and graphics of Civilization III, but neither the manual that comes with the game nor Prima's Official Strategy Guide for Civ3 has any expert information for modifying the rules and graphics of the game.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find some detailed instructions on the Internet or elsewhere that will give some expert advice on the subject?

Right here.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Start by reading the topped threads in this forum, and if something is unclear just post a more specific question.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
        Start by reading the topped threads in this forum, and if something is unclear just post a more specific question.
        Yeah, that's cool. I figured that out after I posted this thread. But I do have some specific questions and problems.

First of all, I can't seem to connect to the link, http://www.civer.f2s.com/howtomod.shtml, under the thread "Art Editing for Dummies (tutorial) ." I get a message stating that "The page cannot be displayed." I can see on the thread that other users on Apolyton are having the same problem. However, I sent some mail to Sn00py concerning this issue. So hopefully he'll respond and fix this problem ASAP.

Also, I tried downloading the file under the "Tutorial: How to create a convincing new unit animation (By Dark Sheer)" thread and it kept saying that the file I was downloading is corrupted when I try to use it. I noticed that after downloading the file it had no extension, and I had to add one to it. I tried both Zip and PDF and neither worked.

Thirdly, I see there is a NEW Civ3 File Manager to download, which I'd like to take a look at, but there is no link to it under the thread.

Lastly, the thread entitled "Civilization III BIC file format" has some great information about manually editing BIC files, but I need some updated information for version 1.17f.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Comment

see this thread for corrupted zip problems

hahahah, *snort* Gramphos is the New Civ3 File Manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizaq
            hahahah, *snort* Gramphos is the New Civ3 File Manager.
            Oh, RIGHT!!! Ha ha ha! Lol!

By the way, a Civ3 File Manager software program is a cool idea! It would be a neat way to manage, organize, view, and edit all of the Civ3 files. Somebody ought to go Firaxis with this!

Comment

yeah this has been mentioned before that someone should make a program that installs different mods at the push of a button.

Comment

If you are still wondering about Sn00py's page, his account was scragged, so the page is no longer available. Unless you contact him directly and get the info from him, that page is gone forever.

But other people here can still help you
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

if sn00py sent me his stuff in a zip I might be able to host it, depending on the size. He could also introduce himself to the www.jecx.net community, they have 20mb accounts to host your site on. I dunno off-hand what, if any, requirements they have to sign up. Worth checking out though.

Comment

A lalalalong a lalalalon lon long li lo lo long! come on!
                    Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                    religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Working...
                    X