mod help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mod help

ok, I am trying to make a simple modification in which unit hit points changed, Tribe names, colors, cities, attributes (militaristic, industrious, etc.), production selection, and leaders changed and resources more abundant. I can do one turn and then the game gives me a stupid error and crashes. I am using the updated CivEdit and version 1.17 and I have gone through trial and error by taking everything out right down to only the color and unit hit points remain my modification, and STILL it doesn't work. can someone help me out here. I need a step by step follow up because this crap is really annoying. I miss the ease of Civ II's scenario editor. thanks

i've read somewhere that changing the civ color with the editor can cause an error if you dont have some certain files in a certain directory that the game didn't come with for some reason.

check the civ3\art\units\palettes\ directory. Are there 64 files in there? if there is something like 40 I think that may be the problem. I don't remember where the thread is that talked about this, but do a search for posts that I have replied on and eventually you will find it. I replied on a thread that linked to a thread that talked about this within the last week and a half. Happy hunting.

Comment

thanks a bunch, I will search for that and I will change the colors back to originals

Comment

Better yet, just drop Gramphos a line, he knows what the problem is regarding colours. I believe I've read him telling someone how to fix the problem, or at least provide an explanation.

Comment

Unzip this file in Art\Units\Palletes
          Attached Files
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Oh Gramphos! You are my hero once again
            Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
            religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Yes, he has a way of doing that. He's probably the most helpful person on this forum. I'm pleased to see Apolyton has taken him on board.

Comment

Working...
              X