Subjugate Your Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subjugate Your Friends

Here is part of the README (list of changes).

back up the following before you extract:

civ3mod.bic
    Art\City Screen\buildings-large.pcx
    Art\City Screen\buildings-small.pcx
    Text\Civilopedia.txt
    Text\PediaIcons.txt

(note that more files are added, but these are the only ones that are replaced)

then extract into your Civilization III directory

List of changes 0.5b

*General Settings:
    Shield cost per gold changed to six.
    Forests are worth 20 shields instead of 10.
    Citizen value in shields changed to 40
    Turn penalty for hurries and drafts back down to 20
    min research time down to 2
    Only one city needed to support an army - in general, armies should be MUCH more common in this mod

*Governments:
    Two new governments added: Fuedalism and Fascism
    Fuedalism:
    req: Fuedalism
    draft 2/turn
    mp limit is 4
    allowed units are 4, 6, and 8 for town, city, and metro
    corruption = problematic
    rush method: whip
    Fascism:
    req: Nationalism
    draft 4/turn
    mp limit is 8
    allowed units are 4, 8, and 12 for town, city, and metro
    corruption = communal
    standard tile penalty applies
    *assimilation chance = 0%
    rush method: whip
    Worker rates:
    Despotism, Monarchy, Republic, Fuedalism - 2
    Democracy, Fascism - 3
    Communism - 4
    Changed the corruption setting for some of the governments. Republic now has problematic corruption and Monarchy has nuisance corruption. Anyone who thinks ancient China had more corruption than ancient Rome needs to earn some history

Improvements:
    Added "Vanguard Square," a communism-specific building that increases production in that city by 50%. Cost is 120 shields.
    Added "Patent Office," a democracy-specific building that increased science production in that city by 50%. Cost is 120 shields.
    Added a new Wonder, "The Communist Manifesto," that gives you a Vanguard Square in every city on the same continent.
    Added a new Wonder, "Edison's Workshop," that gives you a Patent Office in every city on the same continent.
    Added a new Wonder, "World Trade Center." Available with The Corporation, increases trade by one in all squares producing trade. Cost is 1200 shields.
    The Collossus expires with industrialization.
    Bank, Factory, Manufacturing Plant, Mass Transit and Airport now reduce corruption and waste in addition to their original effects.
    Pentagon requires 5 armies in the field.
    Wall Street now reduces corruption (nation-wide) in addition to its regular effects.
    Added a new Small Wonder, Command Center. Allow the city to build armies. Requires Warrior Code and 5 barracks.

Resources:
    Halved the chances for disappearing resources.

Terrain:
    Oil appears in plains again.

Units:
    The Ironclad now requires Advanced Metallurgy.
    Increased the attack value of the Marine unit to 10, and the defense value of the Paratrooper to 10.
    Fixed the situation where you couldn't build War Chariots as the Egyptians after you discovered Horseback Riding. Egyptians can still build Horsemen, but the War Chariot upgrades to Knight now so the unit will be available until then.
    Explorer requires Mapmaking instead of Navigation.
    In general, only infantry units can be airlifted now, includes settlers and workers.
    Longbowmen require Fuedalism.
    Cavalry and Cossack require Nationalism.
    Cruise missile is gone.
    Generally increased Naval and Air units stats. Aegis Cruiser now has a bombard range of four to offset the loss of the Cruise Missile.
    Armies now cost 50 shields instead of the ridiculous 400 they did previously. # of armies is already limited by number of cities, no reason to limit their efficacy any further.

Citizens:
    Tax Collectors now require currency and yield two gold each.
    Scientists now require education and yield three beakers each.

Advances:
    Renamed Monarchy "Divine Right" and Communism "Worker State." For no readily apparent reason. I may have been high at the time.
    Renamed "Steel" to "Advanced Metallurgy."

Difficulty levels:
    Optimal city percentage starts with 120 at chieftain and goes down 10 percentage points for each additional level of difficulty.
    You'll never spend more than four turns in anarchy. I was sick of 80-year revolutions at 1500 ce.

Diplomats and Spies:
    Halved the cost for most diplomatic and spy missions. The rest were decreased even further. The missions are so likely to fail and carry such a stiff penalty for exposure that I don't foresee any imbalance issues.
    and here is the file:

Subjugate Your Friends

One thing I may like to add to this mod is a Fascism-specific building. Only, I can't think of anything good. Suggestions please.

Comment

LOL, I love your 404 page. I also go to the UW in Seattle, good to see I'm not the only civver here on campus. How about a tax increasing building for Fascism?

Comment

Originally posted by Mizaq
        LOL, I love your 404 page. I also go to the UW in Seattle, good to see I'm not the only civver here on campus. How about a tax increasing building for Fascism?
        Check out the pic for "Vanguard Square." See anything familiar?

It looks pretty crappy actually IMO but hey, that was the first improvement I ever did

Comment

What can I say?
          Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
          religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Originally posted by godinex
            What can I say?
            Can someone explain the above to me? I am at a complete loss...

Hates the mod?
            It screwed up his game and he had to reinstall?
            Wants me to continue working on it/likes the mod?

Tell me, godinex, tell me.

Comment

Working...
            X