InstallShield Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InstallShield Error

Anyone with knowledge of InstallShield -- Please Help!

When I tried to install the 1.17f patch, the installer seemed to copy some files then gave me this error:

Since then, I can no longer uninstall/reinstall anything to do with CivIII. I get the same error. I've tried deleting the game folder and everything "civ" in the registry, but still no dice. Now I can't even install the game again (oops! ).

In fact, I now get this error for all games that use InstallShield. I'm assuming that one of the DLL's the installer requires is corrupted somehow, but I have no idea which one or where it is. Any thoughts? Perhaps there's a way to "uninstall" InstallShield and force it to reinstall the files it needs?

Being that InstallShield is a very popular package for distributing software, this could be a very bad thing for me if someone can't help!

TIA -- Mike

It may be one of a number of things depending on the version of Installshield Firaxis used - I'm assuming they're using v6.

(from Installshields knowledge base)

"Insufficient permissions on the machine. If you are using a Windows NT or a Windows 2000 machine, you need to have administrative permission to run a n InstallShield Professional 6.x setup. Make sure you have the correct permissions.

Check and make sure Ikernel.exe is not in memory. If it is, and not setup is running at the time, end that task.

Clean out the Temp directory.

Delete the Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Engine folder and then rerun the setup.

A potential cause is a missing Stdole32.tlb, stdole2.tlb, or Stdole.tlb file. These are core Windows files and should exist on your machine. Make sure that if you get these files from another machine, the machine is running the same operating system as the target machine. "

Other than that? Pass. I don't have a great deal of experience with Installshield.

Comment

Working...
    X